• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Boyfriend with aspergers, cheating, keeping secrets and different needs

No Name

So my boyfriend and I just discovered that he has apergers.. I'm 19 and he's 22.
It all makes sense, cause he's always been kind of different and been a bit hard to figure out.
We met each other last January and started dating in April.. He was my first and I must admit that I'm not a very sexual active person, my drive is pretty low where as his sexual drive is all up in the sky, so we've always had a problem with that. Everything seemed amazing at first, but at the start of June everything kind of started to turn the other way, he became more distant and cold towards me.. btw I'm a really emotional person. He became more and more distant towards me and our friends and became a bit addicted to drugs. Since he was being an asshole towards me, I started to loose more and more interest in having sexual intercourse with him, which frustrated him even more.. I even started thinking that he cheated on me.
Later on, we started doing "couple therapy" with drugs and everything started to turn out better.
We've always had different opinions and often misunderstand each other, which can lead to a lot of arguments.
Here in January, just a little while after being home from California (where I was away for two weeks), he said that he really hated how our relationship has turned out and that we either try to fix things or break up. To me, this came like a total shock, since I thought everything was going so well. We talked a bit about it and he told me what the problems were "we don't agree enough" "We argue too much" and that was also the day he told me he has aspergers.
We started researching more about it and everything made sense. He didn't ask "stupid" questions in arguments to be sassy, he honestly didn't understand, which made me feel really bad that I've gotten so angry at him when he asked weird questions in our arguments.

After that I started to be more careful and I know that he's had a really bad time here lately, so I've tried so hard to be there for him and fix things, but it was almost like he didn't want cooperate. He started saying nasty things to me and tried to make me seem like a bad person.
So I brought our problems up again, cause I really didn't believe that he could see this working out.

A little background story on his past relationship (really important for the next part) ;
So he had a girlfriend of two years before me. She was a total borderline.
She started drama all the time, threaten to cut herself in front of him, used his money, cheated on him and even faked that somebody raped her, but she could give him one thing I couldn't, sex. That's why he stayed with her for so long, cause to was just the wildest sex fantasy.

As we were talking, I asked him the question I've always wanted answers to; "Did you ever cheat on me? I want you to be 100% honest, cause I already know the answer" and he just stayed quiet. I told him that I knew he's been cheating on me with his ex, I don't know how, I just knew.. and he admitted that he did and some other random girl.. so twice.
He told me, that he didn't think of it as a big deal, but it's a big deal to me. He's done so many things like this, like chatting on skype with girls from tinder, kissed with another girl in a toilet when I was right next door and so on. It's the same excuse "I don't see it as a big deal" where as if I did stuff like that, he would dump me. I honestly think it's because I'm not giving him any sex, but how could I? I can't find myself sexually attractive to someone who treats me like that. I also think that he might be addicted to drama, since he had a girlfriend like that and he always wants to start arguments with me... I might be too boring for him...
We've decided now to take a weeks break, with no communication, and think about what we can do to make this better. He really wants to fix this himself, cause I've given him so many opportunities to break up with me.

What should I do?

Thank you..
No Name

Last edited:
FOR GOODNESS SAKE, I am getting sick of these posts. I am sorry. Delete this if it is not appropriate. Every single day NTs come on and their ASpies are killing them and YET THEY WANT THEM BACK.

Utter insanity.

If you are being treated badly LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aspie relationships can be very difficult. We are good people but NTs and Aspies just don't work more than they do.

What I do NOT udnerstand is why NTs are like GLUE on Aspies.

What do we do that you think we are your only hope for love?

I get it. I was messed by NTs and Aspies and yes, I stayed so I get it, but i was in desperate straights. If you are not starving in the streets and need a shower once a month to fend off TB, WHY WOULD YOU STAY WITH A PERSON THAT IS NOT GOOD FOR YOU??

this alone makes me want to leave this site. Every freakin day!!!

FOR GOODNESS SAKE, I am getting sick of these posts. I am sorry. Delete this if it is not appropriate. Every single day NTs come on and their ASpies are killing them and YET THEY WANT THEM BACK.

Utter insanity.

Aspie relationships can be very difficult. We are good people but NTs and Aspies just don't work more than they do.

I get it. I was messed by NTs and Aspies and yes, I stayed so I get it, but i was in desperate straights. If you are not starving in the streets and need a shower once a month to fend off TB, WHY WOULD YOU STAY WITH A PERSON THAT IS NOT GOOD FOR YOU??

I'm sorry, but I took this as a site for people who needs help with this kind of stuff, so if you don't like it, just don't read it.
Just because I wrote about my relationship, that doesn't mean that you know anything. I'm going through some stuff myself and I feel like I need his support at the moment, so SORRY for not breaking it off with him because it might make my mental situation a bit worse. I don't glue on to him, I've told him to end it, cause I have a hard time doing so. When I take my distance then HE gets sad, he glues on to ME and keeps holding on to ME.
Then leave the site and find another one, your childish freak out won't make more and more people stop seeking answers for these things.
Have a good day.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I took this as a site for people who needs help with this kind of stuff, so if you don't like it, just don't read it.
Just because I wrote about my relationship, that doesn't mean that you know anything. I'm going through some studd myself and I feel like I need his support at the moment, so SORRY for not breaking it off with him because it might make my mental situation a bit worse. I don't glue on to him, I've told him to end it, cause I have a hard time doing so. When I take my distance then HE gets sad, he glues on to ME and keeps holding on to ME.
Then leave the site and find another one, your childish freak out won't make more and more people stop seeking answers for these things.
Have a good day.
"When I take my distance then HE gets sad, he glues on to ME and keeps holding on to ME"-----

EXACTLY. That is what I mean. YOu will take distance and he will think," But she was so good for ME!" and call you back. He is analyzing the situation and you are feeling it.

You are the healthy one here and all I am saying is that if you do not leave him and let him be "sad" You will NOT be healthy. He will so wreck your sanity that 5 years from now you will so wish you had just let him cry into his Cheerios. He will get over you faster than you get over him unless you CLOSE THAT DOOR

"When I take my distance then HE gets sad, he glues on to ME and keeps holding on to ME"-----

EXACTLY. That is what I mean. YOu will take distance and he will think," But she was so good for ME!" and call you back. He is analyzing the situation and you are feeling it.

You are the healthy one here and all I am saying is that if you do not leave him and let him be "sad" You will NOT be healthy. He will so wreck your sanity that 5 years from now you will so wish you had just let him cry into his Cheerios. He will get over you faster than you get over him unless you CLOSE THAT DOOR

Uh I know? That's why I want some advice on here? It's helping me realize more and it helps with my confidence on breaking up with him. You know, some people needs this kind of stuff to help them do the things they're afraid of facing. It builds up their courage to do it, so stop nagging people cause I'm sure you're not making the situation any better, just like you've done with me.

, so stop nagging people cause I'm sure you're not making the situation any better, just like you've done with me.

Ok. Why not cut the attitude from your side?

Its up to you to make it better. Everyone seems to be on the same page...

Move on,don't look back.

Ok. Why not cut the attitude from your side?

Its up to you to make it better. Everyone seems to be on the same page...

Move on,don't look back.

Attitude? Sorry I'm defending myself when someone is trying to make look like a fool, I already know I am,
so I don't need anymore of it.
I know, that's why I'm on here.. So can I please get the courage I need without people putting me down..?

I will, when it's not put off in a rude way.
Thanks for your advice
Ok------I will start. Sorry we got off on the bad way........I don't want you to end up like people who come on here one year and the NEXT YEAR, same thing.

How can we help you?

I am serious when I say I would like to see you get away from him emotionally because we have all been there.

Maybe the first thing to realize is that he is thinking more than feeling. He is analyzing what is best for him. That is not to say Aspies can't love, but he is not loving you which means he wants you there because he has not found a better option.

If he does, he will forget you in 24 hours

I can tell you are panicking and that is natural. Do you have family? Faith? Studies? Do you have something that makes you FEEL like you feel when you are around him?

That is tip #2. Secure that feeling in your head and find other things that make you feel that way.

Tip #3. Often Aspie without knowing it study how to act. We do'nt mean to. But we can perfect it because we are trying. However, when we are in relatiohnships, people think we are perfect. We listen, we seem to care, you seem to be the centre of our world........but we cannot keep it up because it is not natural until it IS natural.

In other words, when we fall in love, it's real, but NOT OFTEN. Even when we do, we often can't go with it because we have so many issues.

He is not in love with you. He is not even on that page, from what you say. He is playing a game and waiting till sometihng else comes along.

Trust me, we have all been on that side................

I will maybe start a post on how to get over an Aspie since that is a very popular reason people come on here.

I don't mean to make your pain worse. We are not monsters..............

I often don't fall for the same kind of people to be honest, cause if it didn't work out with the first, it probably won't work out with another.

I know, I've told him that. I've told him that he needs to realize that he will mess around with other girls after a few days of the break up (since he has a past of going on tinder to mess around).
No, not really. I mean, yeah, I study, I have family and friends, but I didn't have friends until I met him.. all of his friends are my friends. I know if I told our friends what he has done to me, they would dump him, but I don't want that for him. Studies is something I feel like I need to do, I don't feel anything from it and I'm not close to my family.. only the ones that lives in Cali and I live in Copenhagen, so that's hard for me too.

I'm still trying to do that.

Yeah, I know. I've researched a lot about it ever since he told me he was diagnosed.

I think so too, I feel like he's just keeping me around because all of his other past relationships were no good and I'm only good one that he has had.. I think he's afraid of not finding that again, I could be wrong though.

I guess, I just need to get over him first.
It's okay. I know you're not.

I am an autistic/aspergers (HFA) man who has been married to an NT woman for the last seven years. We have three children together. I cheated on her once, the year before we were married. She has never cheated on me (though early on been quite flirtatious with other males, though rarely).

As an autistic person, I often unconsciously believe myself to be some sort of "special flower" so to speak, due to the fact that I have special gifts the world seldom recognizes. Because of this, I often feel like she has to understand me, but not vice versa. Even seven years into our marriage. This is not fair.

About the sex drive: young males often have a high sex drive - I did. On some level, you are going to have to reciprocate his needs if you love him. It won't be forever. My sex drive now is quite low, already having given life to my children (awkward? :)).

The fly is buzzing around my face, and my son wants to hang out. I have to go. My wife has been the biggest Godsend of my life.

Hope this helps and best of luck to you both.

Joel's Hear,

Thank you for your input.
You honestly kind of sound like my boyfriend.. behavior vise, with the whole "special flower" thingy.

How do you feel about it now? Do you regret? Was it worth it in the long end? Cause apparently my boyfriend thought it was worth in the moment.

I did, but then again, it's hard when he's treating me poorly. I just can't feel sexual attracted to someone who's done stuff like that to me, you know?

Thank you very much,
best of luck to you too :)

Being Aspie really isn't an excuse to be an asshole. If you're unhappy, and don't feel good relationship, I would leave. There are other people out there that will treat you better. Hell, they may even be Aspie! I have a crush on a guy right now whose on the spectrum. He would never do any of this stuff.

And I am going to disagree with Joel's Hear. You shouldn't have sex with someone unless you really want to. That's considered assault on his part. :/ Sex should be 110% consensual.

Utter insanity.

This isn't an aspie exclusive issue. Relationship problems are commonplace in the world. Think about it. Almost every person here has an issue of their own in life aspie or not. So I imagine you should expect an issue out of every member that joined at least once. If you look at it like that, then maybe you will expect it and won't feel so terrible. One problem to solve over say five or ten problems a person. And they are only asking for words.. Even better. Half full over half empty.

If you are mentally exhausted it may be your brain just got a work out and needs some sleep. (Irritable) Which should be a positive.

Ok------I will start. Sorry we got off on the bad way........I don't want you to end up like people who come on here one year and the NEXT YEAR, same thing.

How can we help you?

I am serious when I say I would like to see you get away from him emotionally because we have all been there.

Maybe the first thing to realize is that he is thinking more than feeling. He is analyzing what is best for him. That is not to say Aspies can't love, but he is not loving you which means he wants you there because he has not found a better option.

If he does, he will forget you in 24 hours

I can tell you are panicking and that is natural. Do you have family? Faith? Studies? Do you have something that makes you FEEL like you feel when you are around him?

That is tip #2. Secure that feeling in your head and find other things that make you feel that way.

Tip #3. Often Aspie without knowing it study how to act. We do'nt mean to. But we can perfect it because we are trying. However, when we are in relatiohnships, people think we are perfect. We listen, we seem to care, you seem to be the centre of our world........but we cannot keep it up because it is not natural until it IS natural.

In other words, when we fall in love, it's real, but NOT OFTEN. Even when we do, we often can't go with it because we have so many issues.

He is not in love with you. He is not even on that page, from what you say. He is playing a game and waiting till sometihng else comes along.

Trust me, we have all been on that side................

I will maybe start a post on how to get over an Aspie since that is a very popular reason people come on here.

I don't mean to make your pain worse. We are not monsters..............
I don't agree with your line of thinking. Your making too many judgements without properly assessing the situation. You may be unconsciously biased based of your own previous decision making.

If you want to start helping people start by eliminating yourself from the other person's problem. To find the truth you must first assume both sides are true. In this case you must see that the aspie could be right as well.

For me I am neither on one side or the other, I merely want to help both sides.

New Threads

Top Bottom