• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

BoxSand: My official first game!

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
My autistic friends, I have boasted rumors of games I've had in production for a while. Yet I've shown little evidence that they truly exist.

I shall shatter that dusty illusion now, with the first alpha version of my adventure game made in AGS, BoxSand (a portmanteau of "sandbox"), a full length point and click adventure world where, although it has an ending, you can explore and experiment to your heart's content!

20200213_200749.jpg

As of a few days ago the game runs in a slightly higher windowed resolution, and I've added a few more things, but it's coming along nicely.

Upcoming Features:

- Meet all sorts of zany, ridiculous characters and have the most insane conversations!

- Loads of amazing, unique and truly weird items with all kinds of uses!

- Follow an immersive and captivating comedic story, or just walk wherever and do whatever!

- Over fifty, I think, ways to die in the most maddening manners possible!

- Dynamic inventory uses: every item and puzzle associated with those items have more than just one way to use and solve them!

- A whole crap ton of other stuff I can't remember I put in the game at the moment!

Stay Too-- ER, I mean, stay TUNED!

You certainly have more patience than I do, if you're pulling this off.

I've done game development, but it was with a full team and my "work hours" were basically "when I feel like it". And whatever I make is usually a spaghetti mess.

No way I could make something entirely on my own. That'd take dedication and patience that I just dont have.

Kudos to you then for doing this. It's not easy.

Reminds me of Leisure Suit Larry or Sam and Max: Hit the Road.

It looks interesting. Are you gonna release it?

Reminds me of Leisure Suit Larry or Sam and Max: Hit the Road.

It looks interesting. Are you gonna release it?
Of course, when I get it finished of course. It's currently in alpha, but I think I'll release the beta build of it soon.

You certainly have more patience than I do, if you're pulling this off.

I've done game development, but it was with a full team and my "work hours" were basically "when I feel like it". And whatever I make is usually a spaghetti mess.

No way I could make something entirely on my own. That'd take dedication and patience that I just dont have.

Kudos to you then for doing this. It's not easy.
Thanks, I agree. I'm very proud of my effort, it's coming along real nice.

New Threads

Top Bottom