• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Box office bombs that you actually really enjoy

Adora

Is there a movie that were complete bombs and were panned by critics that you actually like?,I thought Van helsing was enjoyable but was a bomb yet i noticed I can enjoy some movies that audiences and critics alike hate but I can find enjoyment in some of the movies.

Is there a movie that were complete bombs and were panned by critics that you actually like?,I thought Van helsing was enjoyable but was a bomb yet i noticed I can enjoy some movies that audiences and critics alike hate but I can find enjoyment in some of the movies.
I don't know I can't say I've ever followed what box offices and critics say about anything. I rarely go to the theatre anyways so I'm not helping those scores even for movies that I love. :/

* Chronicles of Riddick
* Cowboys & Aliens
* Fall of the Roman Empire
* K-19 The Widowmaker
* Red Planet

Repo: The Genetic Opera

I followed the films production as I was a fan of Skinny Puppy at the time and their lead singer had a part as Pavi, the face stealing narcissistic heir to Gene Co. The studio wouldn't even give the film a general release in theaters because I guess cyberpunk operas about organ reposession aren't marketable. Still, it managed to generate a cult following and I consider it a minor masterpiece.

215px-StreetFighterMoviePoster.jpg

The Street Fighter movie was one of those "So bad it's good" kind of movies IMO.

I mean come on, Kylie Minogue as Cammy? Jean Claude Van Damme as Guile? Roshan Seth as Dhalsim? Eh?! My main problem was that Dhalsim's supposed to be a skinny Indian Yoga Master, yet in the film he's a fat Scientist, and they used other mostly unknown actors in the main roles for Ken, Ryu etc.

The Street Fighter movie was one of those "So bad it's good" kind of movies IMO.

I mean come on, Kylie Minogue as Cammy? Jean Claude Van Damme as Guile? Roshan Seth as Dhalsim? Eh?! My main problem was that Dhalsim's supposed to be a skinny Indian Yoga Master, yet in the film he's a fat Scientist, and they used other mostly unknown actors in the main roles for Ken, Ryu etc.

Yeah, I love that film even though I always get teased for admitting it. Raul Julia was fantastic as M Bison.

Yeah, I love that film even though I always get teased for admitting it. Raul Julia was fantastic as M Bison.

I always liked him in "The Gumball Rally".

"The first rule of Italian driving: What is behind you, doesn't matter." As he tears off the rear-view mirror from his Ferrari. :p

Believe it or not, these were box office bombs as well. Films I loved:

* The Shawshank Redemption
* Blade Runner
* Vertigo
* The Wizard of Oz

Believe it or not, these were box office bombs as well. Films I loved:

* The Shawshank Redemption
* Blade Runner
* Vertigo
* The Wizard of Oz

The Wizard of Oz is my all time favourite film. I also really like Return to Oz, albeit a veeery different film to the original :p

Shawshank is incredible!

One of my all-time favorite scenes in movies. When Andy Dufresne escapes....and expresses the exaltation of being free.

Being in a different form of imprisonment, I wonder what that feels like? Imagine if I could truly "escape" my depression and OCD.

Last edited:
One of my all-time favorite scenes in movies. When Andy Dufresne escapes....and expresses the exaltation of being free.

Being in a different form of imprisonment, I wonder what that feels like? Imagine if I could truly "escape" my depression and OCD.
One of my favourite scenes is when Red is up against the parole board giving no shits and they parole him, love that bit lol.

Not sure if it really "bombed" but Atlantis: The Lost Empire is my all time favourite Disney movie and for some reason nobody else seemed to enjoy it and it did pretty badly in the cinema. One critic even described it as being communist propaganda for demonising American Capitalism.

Scott Pilgrim Vs The World didn't do well in the box office but it's one of my all-time favourite films. It came out the year after I finished high school so I found it rather relateable to where I was at in life at the time. Especially as I was the sort who went to all-ages live music gigs regularly with my tight-knit group of high school friends who were all rather similar to the characters in the film. I also loved the soundtrack and the fashion in the movie!

New Threads

Top Bottom