• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Boss called me for a meeting today

DanPaladin

Aspie and nerd, greatest combination.
I was sick again for a couple of weeks now but fit to work again. Yesterday my boss called to meet with me today, what can it be about? If I'm capable to work?

Or something worse...

I'm still on my 3 months probation period. This is making me very anxious.

And I had to be lucky enough to get injured in the eye on my second week.

Maybe they don't want an expensive employee. :(

I don't know what employment law is like in Australia but in the UK they normally do a "return to work" meeting which is usually just a formality. If you're already contracted you should have nothing to worry about, but even if not, worrying is going to put you in worse shape for the meeting should you need your wits about you. I know it's hard, but trying to keep calm and not fret is the best way, whatever is going to happen tomorrow :)

I don't know what employment law is like in Australia but in the UK they normally do a "return to work" meeting which is usually just a formality. If you're already contracted you should have nothing to worry about, but even if not, worrying is going to put you in worse shape for the meeting should you need your wits about you. I know it's hard, but trying to keep calm and not fret is the best way, whatever is going to happen tomorrow :)

Thanks man for the answer. It's just strange because this didn't happen when I got back to work a couple of weeks ago, maybe because it happened again it's worrisome.

Now I'm not feeling so bad, maybe a part of me is tired from this stressful job and want to be let go, but the other part want to work. :emojiconfused:

Thanks guys. Other question that I have now: do I go wearing my uniform? Or it is too much.

So so bad guys, he told me that he think I'm not good enough and I'm not doing my best. I was cutting myself almost everyday and even worked with my eye injured. I can agree with him that I can commit mistakes and get confuse because of too much pressure, but he cannot say that I didn't try my best.

Now he gave me 2 more weeks to see if I can improve, I don't think it will matter because I don't know what can I do better, I was really giving my best there, but maybe it is not good enough.

It is time to suffer again on unemployment while I try to find another job. :(

So so bad guys, he told me that he think I'm not good enough and I'm not doing my best. I was cutting myself almost everyday and even worked with my eye injured. I can agree with him that I can commit mistakes and get confuse because of too much pressure, but he cannot say that I didn't try my best.

Now he gave me 2 more weeks to see if I can improve, I don't think it will matter because I don't know what can I do better, I was really giving my best there, but maybe it is not good enough.

Did he give you more specific feedback? Perhaps email him and ask him how he thinks you could improve, what you could do to improve. If he sees that you are trying, he is more likely to be lenient, or give you a rference if you have to moce on. Beyond that, just do your best, that's all you can do, and then if it doesn't work out, perhaps this job wasn't right for you and your should try something else.

Sorry to hear that Dan, but don't give up just yet ;)
First question - do they know of your Asperger's yet? I haven't got time to read up on Australian employment and equality law right now (I will later) but your diagnosis may offer you some protection, even during your probation period.
Even if they are aware, it can't hurt to explain to your boss that your differences can make some things more difficult for you. If you tell us a little bit more about how autism affects you we might be able to come up with some ideas of what to say (there's a lot of clever people in this community).
Finally there may be organisations that can help you. Are you in a union? Are you in touch with any Autism charities/advocates? Does local government have any organisations tasked with overseeing employers with staff that have protected characteristics?
We've got 2 weeks to turn this around if you want us to put our collective heads together ;)

Sorry to be so blunt mate, but you're doomed, DOOMED I tells thee!

OK I know you can't help being poorly for a couple of weeks, it was just bad timing during your 3 month trial period, so your gaffer (Boss) might hold it against you.

Dunno if you are formally diagnosed but those problems could be down to ASD and surely its illegal to fire someone with a condition that is classed as a disability.
It wouldnt be allowed in the UK, employers would have to make reasonable adjustments to ensure to accommodate your obbstacles that NT's dont face.

Yes, Australian employment law may offer you some protection if your employer knows that you are an Aspie.

It may be time to start looking for other work though.

I am sorry that you are going through this. I have finally found employment that is an excellent fit for me so it is possible. I hope you will do the same.

New Threads

Top Bottom