• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Borg Family on Star Trek Voyager

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
I have been binge watching all the Borg episodes on Voyager, and I have to say, I think it's so sweet how Seven of Nine is such a protective and loving mother to the Borg children. I just can't get enough.

Icheb is one of my favorite characters now. I loved the episode Q2 where Q has a son and leaves him with his "Aunt Kathy" (Captain Kathryn Janeway). And then the friendship that ensues between Icheb and Q Jr. is so sweet. It's funny when they steal a ship to go hang out with hot chicks in an alternate system.

I could never watch that episode of Picard where Icheb dies!!!!!! I don't think I'd watch the series at all. I hate all the modern sequels where they kill off the most beloved characters.

OMG and can everyone agree that the "Warp Core" is the hottest nightclub in the galaxy? I went to a rave like that back in the early 2000s. Q Jr. is such a bad boy!

Last edited:
7 of 9 is such a great name. I'm 2 of 2, but it doesn't have the same ring to it...

This is a really cute scene. Seven of Nine has become an adopted mother to all the rescued Borg children. At first, she doesn't yet understand child development, or that they should be raised to be individuals. So she instructs them and punishes them as if they were Borg drones.

The kids wanted to play, so she says very authoritatively, "Let the fun commence". But they're not allowed small talk, and when they cheat, they have to exercise "Punishment Protocol 9-Alpha", which it turns out, means "Go stand in the corner!" LOL. The teenage boy, Icheb rebels and throws the game pieces before storming out of the room. It's a very funny scene.

I will never accept Picard as Canon. I'm kind of knowledgable about Voyager, and when I saw Icheb tortured and then "mercy killed" by his foster mother, Seven, I knew this had nothing to do with the timeline. What about Q Jr.? He would never let anything happen to "Itchy". I've seen an episode where he pleads for his best friend's life.

Also, where is the optimism and courage of Star Trek in these modern reboots? Star Trek always had bloodless battles that ended heroically. This was just grotesque smut. Everything is so grim. And the once enlightened, all inclusive Starfleet culture seems so ugly now.

It's not Star Trek as far as I'm concerned. Just another Expensive Fan Fiction- Just like the Disney Star Wars!

New Threads

Top Bottom