• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Boredom

44sweetpea

I don’t know if this has been covered but I get very interested with certain topics but can only stay with them for so long. I lose interest quickly and I am bored most of time. I’m going bonkers. Does anyone else have these issues?

https://www.autismforums.com/thread...ng-a-lot-of-time-and-money.28201/#post-571493

I tend to stay locked in and obsessed with special interests over the long-haul. I'm sure we're all different there, though.

I should clarify that I had a lot of new ones bloom when I turned 30, no idea what went wrong there.

Last edited:
I’ve had most of the same special interests for most of my life and they’ve never changed. I occasionally develop new ones though.

Try doing what I have been doing. I have been looking into meetups to find people with similar interests and obsessions, and I have been hitting the gym a few times a week to keep my spirits up. My town has decent nightlife, and sometimes just breaking the mold of staying home all the time just to go to a bar and hearing the band play helps.

I don’t know if this has been covered but I get very interested with certain topics but can only stay with them for so long. I lose interest quickly and I am bored most of time. I’m going bonkers. Does anyone else have these issues?
Yes a lot

Most of my interests stay steady.
I do find new ones occasionally. Especially when I went to Uni.
New interests to study.
I rarely feel bored. Just lonely sometimes.

It is difficult to remain interested in certain topics. Sometimes interests are more "passing",...your intellectual curiosity simply exhausts itself and you move on to other things. Over time you get to be an annoying "know-it-all" like me. :D

New Threads

Top Bottom