• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Jenisautistic

V.I.P Member
Rolling with the trend of people showing their books on YouTube and doing book hauls. so I decided to make my own Book Haul video. i’m trying my best not to try to read and understand when I read as much as I can .even though reading makes me want to throw up and makes my head spin I still love it. Same thing with writing yet different results . maybe I’ll get the same results for reading one day . Hope you enjoyed my video .:blush:

I have a lot of books myself, some I left behind prior to moving to be donated as I never read them much (mainly my Maze Runner books I believe and my Game of Thrones books, got sick of waiting for The Winds of Winter to release)

If anyone wants I can list them all! :) I basically know what I have by heart lol

I used to hang on to my books until storage became a problem.

Loaning from the library wasn’t quite the same as owning.

I like turning pages rather than scrolling up or down (kindles and readers)

A while ago I started leaving a book somewhere after I’d read it.
Park bench, bus, train, seating in city centre,

Unless it was every book a particular author had written to date, that collection went to charity shops.

I rarely read fiction, I prefer non-fiction books, usually related to history... I have particular interest in local history of Alberta and western Canada, being born and raised and still living in Alberta... Both the prairies and the mountains... I just love the topic of history

I usually buy books at thrift stores now, and when I'm done with them I give them back to the thrift stores so somebody else can enjoy them.

I don't understand why anyone would want to show off their books on YouTube. Or why you would struggle to read if you don't enjoy it. Owning books and reading them should be something you want to do, not something you do because everyone else is doing it.

I don't understand why anyone would want to show off their books on YouTube. Or why you would struggle to read if you don't enjoy it. Owning books and reading them should be something you want to do, not something you do because everyone else is doing it.

First of all, I would like to say happy birthday !

I appreciate your insight and your concerns .

Secondly even though reading frustrates I do love it . It’s the same thing with writing I just finished with my second books first draft.

Both of my books are currently in the first draft stage although one of them I’ve been working on for six years the other one I just working on on maybe four months and one is fiction and one is nonfiction.

I have a problem reading because I’m dyslexic . So even though I do love to read it causes me problems understanding at times. And trying to explain what I read to someone else and reviewing I find very difficult.

Because I’m a visual learner as well as having a language disorder along with dyslexia and other things it’s difficult to Express my thoughts and I’m trying to work on that to increase my communication skills and possibly to read better since I haven’t read books in a while for many different reasons,and also because I really love to share my opinionsis just that I can’t get the words out.
But then again I do love making YouTube videos. I’ve been doing it since I was young.

To be honest I’m not sure what I should do about my problems Reading I tried audiobooks traditional reading the thing I’ve been doing lately is actually Reading with music that helps a bit more but when it comes to remembering and expressing my thoughts about the actual book that becomes the problem.

First of all, I would like to say happy birthday !

I appreciate your insight and your concerns .

snip
I can well understand the difficulties and how they can make reading unpleasant. I've written several novels, and it took finally finding an app that would help me stay organized to get me to that point. There are lots of invisible handicaps that writers (and readers, too) have to deal with. Currently, I'm trying to deal with the mental paralysis caused by the cardiac meds I take, and with suddenly becoming so nearsighted that even with my glasses on, it's almost impossible to read print. I have a good magnifier, but it's still a hassle. Thank goodness for my Kindle that allows me to change font size according to how my eyes are acting up.

By the way, it isn't my birthday, but thanks. I never post my real birth date, and wasn't happy to see that I can't prevent it coming up at all.

New Threads

Top Bottom