• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Book Recommendation - Especially for Younger Aspies

Rasputin

ASD / Aspie
V.I.P Member
"Been There. Done That. Try This!: An Aspie's Guide to Life on Earth"

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1849059640/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_tC0wEbZNR2AD5

I have been reading today, and got through the first 13 chapters. The book is intended as a guide to mentor younger Aspies, and is written by some well-known, older, and successful Aspies. I am reading the book to educate myself, as an "older" Aspie who was diagnosed with ASD just one month ago.

The advice that is given seems honest and from the writers' personal experiences. I know that the advice is sound, because I recall dealing with some of the same issues in the same way, before I knew I had an ASD. If you are looking for a good book with practical advice in dealing with ASD, this is one I recommend.

The picture Bible new Testament as it’s all pictures (there is spirituality in it without it looking very scary )and I say my understanding was that of a teenager The picture Bible by iva roth ,the old Testament might be A bit disconcerting.

Sounds like a good book for sure. Always nice to have a guide for this, the same as this forum as it allows 1 to see the experience that others with our condition have.

New Threads

Top Bottom