• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bobcat Lady

Aspychata

Serenity waves, beachy vibes
V.I.P Member
So Colorado Springs lady picked up injured bobcat, wrapped it in a blanket and put it next to her child who was sitting in childseat in backseat. It had been hit by a car and was eventually put down due to internal injuries. What do you think about this? Should she have been cited for child endangerment?

Last edited:
In her defense, she wrapped it's head up. I am so relieved she was there. l have rescued a feral cat but this lady went to a whole new level.

Yeah, the trunk or even the foot well of the passenger side of the front.
Why on the back seat?
Oh, well. We've all had moments of poor judgment. It's only human.

If she was some sort of bobcat expert and knew it would be fine, then that's dandy, but I don't know anything about bobcats and would never do that if it were my child.

Not that I'd ever pick up an injured bobcat in the first place. :eek:

She had a SUV. Out of kindness, they didn't release her name. Funny but l was relieved that this dying animal had some peace before it died. l still think she is a angel. But maybe the front seat would have been better.

Very poor judgement but stupidity isn't a crime, being cited for child endangerment seems a bit extreme... On the other hand, I think we'd all be saying something very different if the bobcat had hurt the child, which was very possible.

And we don't know the extent of the injuries and possibility of a threat. But still, because of disease, fleas, whatever, I would have put it in back of the suv.

The articles I read it sounded like the back was broken.
Back legs were paralyzed.

Animal was unconscious or stunned when she picked it up, but
woke up enough to growl when they arrived at vet.

And they euthanized it.

So Colorado Springs lady picked up injured bobcat, wrapped it in a blanket and put it next to her child who was sitting in childseat in backseat. It had been hit by a car and was eventually put down due to internal injuries. What do you think about this? Should she have been cited for child endangerment?
I thought shockingly the psychotic kill every predator with a shot gun brigade didn’t get to it, probably thought it was nearly dead .

I used to pick up stray dogs and return them to their homes or take them to the shelter where the owners might be able to find them without the dog getting run over first. I stopped doing it when I had kids. For safety. It's great that nothing bad happened though and hopefully it was easier for the bobcat.

New Threads

Top Bottom