• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Blog post I find helpful

You (or the blogger) didn't give an example of how it would work if the disability was being acknowledged. Blair would still end up letting Aubrey go, wouldn't he/she?

Aubrey needs treatment.

This is a non-sequitor to me.

Who is Aubrey?

Why do they need treatment/what do they need treatment for?

How is this related to the blog post I linked or to anything anyone has said?

Nevermind, see post below ....

Last edited:
Oh how easily I forget names of characters! Sorry @Fino!

Maybe she has treatment and it isn’t t enough.

Maybe the only treatment she is offered is meds and the side effects are unbearable or they don’t work for her.

Treatment doesn’t solve everything and part of good treatment is teaching people to assess their abilities realistically.

The point of the blog is that just believing you can do better is not enough and ignoring your limitations hurts everyone. And that just because people think you can do things or just because you see other people doing them with ease , doesn’t mean you can do them too/do them as easily or the same way.

You might be right for some people that Audrey exemplifies, and not ignoring limitations can mean trying medications if you haven’t before....or looking at other strategies or maybe it means flat out admitting there are certain things you can’t do and looking at changing your goals. (like getting a job with flexible deadlines or a different type of work you can actually keep up with, for example)

Last edited:
Oh how easily I forget names of characters! Sorry @Fino!

Maybe she has treatment and it isn’t t enough.

Maybe the only treatment she is offered is meds and the side effects are unbearable or they don’t work for her.

Treatment doesn’t solve everything and part of good treatment is teaching people to assess their abilities realistically.

The point of the blog is that just believing you can do better is not enough and ignoring your limitations hurts everyone. And that just because people think you can do things or just because you see other people doing them with ease , doesn’t mean you can do them too/do them as easily or the same way.

You might be right for some people that Audrey exemplifies, and not ignoring limitations can mean trying medications if you haven’t before....or looking at other strategies or maybe it means flat out admitting there are certain things you can’t do and looking at changing your goals. (like getting a job with flexible deadlines or a different type of work you can actually keep up with, for example)

Oh, I see now! I like the blog! I agree with those points. Those are very important things to realize. I got fixated on Aubrey's problems and lost sight of the blog as a whole. I'm sorry!

Oh, I see now! I like the blog! I agree with those points. Those are very important things to realize. I got fixated on Aubrey's problems and lost sight of the blog as a whole. I'm sorry!

It is okay, you didn’t do anything wrong!

I am sorry if I made you feel bad for sharing your thoughts about it.

New Threads

Top Bottom