• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Blizzard Entertainment Classic "Diablo" is now available on GOG.com!

Isadoorian

Welcomer of Newcomers
V.I.P Member
Yes, you read that right folks! If you've gotten a hankering itch for this timeless classic but don't want to get into anything shady, now you can put it to rest and get it legitimately!

Diablo on GOG.com

Details here: https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22887361/diablo-now-available-on-gogcom-3-7-2019

Blizzard's also partnering with GOG and plan on getting Warcraft: Orcs and Humans along with Warcraft II on the GOG Store at some point which I'm quite excited about!

I'm not affiliated with nor am I being endorsed by Blizzard or GOG in any way about this, I'm just a super excited fan

it works and all. it does not have hellfire.

shame it wasn't remastered. it remains the same extremely clunky old game that was exceeded in every way by diablo 2.

the only advantage is that its finally a legal way to play without a CD.

I was happy to see this in my inbox today, though I will say it would've been much more exciting if it was remastered.

I actually have dusted off my old CD within the last year and played via VPN with my best friend. While D2, IMO, is the best Diablo game, there is something atmospherically unmatched from the original Diablo. The pure grittiness; how hard you have to work and grind to make progress; how simple of a design it has... its one of my all-time favorites.

It’s also been available for free on a few abandonware sites, with hellfire included

Aye, it'd be better if they remastered it. Or did so with the second one.

They wont, though. They're too busy making that mobile one.

I mean, they gotta answer the all-important question: DO their fans have phones? They didnt seem quite sure about that one.

Clearly, a very important project.

Though in all seriousness, if they DID remaster one of the old ones... they'd probably corrupt it at the same time. It wouldnt be the same, and would likely be filled with microtransactions and other greedy schemes. They've fallen that far at this point.

Bah.

Though in all seriousness, if they DID remaster one of the old ones... they'd probably corrupt it at the same time. It wouldnt be the same, and would likely be filled with microtransactions and other greedy schemes. They've fallen that far at this point.

Bah.

Blizzard's fall is well documented and obvious, but I'll push back on that statement. Starcraft: Remastered is recent evidence of the contrary. They did that damn-near perfectly. Didn't change the gameplay of the game and just added a lot of modern features and functionality around it. It was quite well done.

With that said, do you not have a phone? :laughing:
:tired:

Blizzard's fall is well documented and obvious, but I'll push back on that statement. Starcraft: Remastered is recent evidence of the contrary. They did that damn-near perfectly. Didn't change the gameplay of the game and just added a lot of modern features and functionality around it. It was quite well done.

With that said, do you not have a phone? :laughing:
:tired:

Chances are, the only reason Activision kept their foul hands out of it is because of the nature of that game. They *cant* mess with that series too much without it totally collapsing, and they're aware of that. Even if they'd only be messing with the first game instead of the second, that's a really big risk for them. The ridiculously competitive nature of the game forces them to keep away from it in order not to leave a stain on the series that could damage it's current status. Not to mention that even despite the fact that there hasnt been a new game in that series in ages, it still makes them a fortune simply due to the e-sports aspect, which is the other half of why they cant touch it. That game's popularity is massive, particularly in Korea. Player outrage at things like lootboxes is common, but usually it's... lazy. They get "angry" and buy the damn games anyway, the damn fools. I suspect though that if it happened with THAT series, the fanbase would utterly flip out in a way that's rarely seen. Activision is incredibly shady, but they arent stupid.

Diablo, however, produces no such restrictions. It is a non-competitive game that specifically contains an element of addiction built into it's gameplay loop (as in the rest of that genre). There's no e-sports aspect of it either. They already showed what they're willing to do with the series when they attempted their ill-fated "auction house" with the third game, and that was BEFORE Blizzard became fully corrupted. They didnt even hesitate on that one, and only backed off when it became clear that they had no choice. Players didnt give in as easily back then, but that's changed. If they tried it again, it probably wouldnt be removed this time.

This is also why they're willing to make an obvious cash-grab of a mobile game based on it... Activision is in full greed mode with that one and they have no problems with it. They'll get away with it, too.

What absolute jerks they are.

A shame, really. Blizzard was legendary for a reason.

I wonder which studio will fall next?

A shame, indeed. Blizzard is one of my all-time favorites. Activision can go to gaming hell. Pun intended.

Lucky for me, I tend to "stay in the past" with games, so I'll happily continue to play all the classics intermittently.

New Threads

Top Bottom