• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Blankies and stuffed animals, childhood and beyond

AnnMoss

Awkward Moss
My family had to take away my blankie. I don't know if I was a baby when I got it, but I had it probably until 4 our 5. It was so torn up from you'd think it had been caught in a wood chipper. A soft doll, the same (I was given both many years later in my teens, still have them safely in a big plastic ziplock). I always had stuffed animals, lots and lots and lots of stuffed animals. I still have one I sleep with that someone bought for me s couple years ago (Pusheen). I do have a favorite little down "blankie" now that was also a gift from over ten years ago. Anyone with me?

My brother had a blankie and my mother kept attaching the corners to new blankies because the blankies fell apart. He also had a bunny that became his favorite, l gave it to him when he was crying. One time l had a meltdown because we forgot my daughter's blankie but she was okay. We had a backup blankie. Totally understand it. Think my brother maybe on the spectrum.

My family had to take away my blankie. I don't know if I was a baby when I got it, but I had it probably until 4 our 5. It was so torn up from you'd think it had been caught in a wood chipper. A soft doll, the same (I was given both many years later in my teens, still have them safely in a big plastic ziplock). I always had stuffed animals, lots and lots and lots of stuffed animals. I still have one I sleep with that someone bought for me s couple years ago (Pusheen). I do have a favorite little down "blankie" now that was also a gift from over ten years ago. Anyone with me?
I have nearly all !!!!!my toys but if I didn’t touch them for a certain amount of time my mother said you’re not using it so we are selling it I sort of understand what she meant as we didn’t have a mansion but I still yearn for those toys, especially a Disney projector that showed Alice in Wonderland , got everything else though still got my decrepit baby towel , I try not to touch them a lot as I don’t have the greatest coordination or self control .

I had a frog and a bunny stuffed animal when I was a kid. I carried them everywhere with me and after school I would run to my room for them. I had these stuffed animals til I was about 8 or 9 according to my mom.

I had a blankie when very small. Then a long break and recently I had a stuffed animal dog when I was in hospital frequently to stand in for my real dogs and at home a favorite small blanket again.

This is such a cute thread. My ex took my childhood toy that my mom saved 50 years for me. A liitle black puppet dog called Robespierre. He was my absolute fav toy. I also had a red book about a little white cat that was just as old. My ex decided to take that too.

Ive been searching for what I now know is a give a show projector with Disney Alice in wonderland slides, it would be over 40 years old now, saw everything!! but that !

I had a stuffed tiger that I slept with until it was worn out.
Given to me when I was five and slept with it until I was 12.

Now I like cat head pillows and Pusheen.
I couldn't sleep with out a soft blanket even now. It is so comforting to feel in against my skin.
I also need a soft memory foam topper on my mattress to lay on.
Wrapped in softness makes for good sleep.

This is such a cute thread. My ex took my childhood toy that my mom saved 50 years for me. A liitle black puppet dog called Robespierre. He was my absolute fav toy. I also had a red book about a little white cat that was just as old. My ex decided to take that too.
I don’t know why I thought the word narcissism ,I don’t really understand it .

I had a lot of stuffed animals when I was a kid. My most precious ones are in storage at my parents’ place. I bought myself a very soft stuffed toy sloth last year when I was very depressed and anxious. I slept with it through the worst of that time. Luckily my boyfriend wasn’t weird about it.

I have a little teddy bear that I still hold going to sleep at times. He’s about 35 years old and looks it. He has a soothing influence on me.

I had a stuffed tiger that I slept with until it was worn out.
Given to me when I was five and slept with it until I was 12.

Now I like cat head pillows and Pusheen.
I couldn't sleep with out a soft blanket even now. It is so comforting to feel in against my skin.
I also need a soft memory foam topper on my mattress to lay on.
Wrapped in softness makes for good sleep.
I’m at the hospital mattress for support stage ,it’s a mattress that is air regulated ,Don’t have one,Still feel great affection for memory foam.

That's terrible, what a rotten person.
Have you thought about adopting a Robespierre Junior? Black Labrador CarPet Glove Puppet

I have a little velveteen pillow I've been sleeping with since before I can remember. It was just a random throw pillow from my great-grandmother's couch, but apparently it resonated with me. I'm 38 now and still have every intention of snuggling it nightly for the rest of my life ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom