• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bisexuality

How many of you are bisexual or bicurious? I am bisexual, but only 2 people know (I've told my partner in the past but he thought I was joking... so he isn't one of the two). Because I'm in a long term relationship its not really something that I've needed to discuss with anyone, nor been able to explore.

Not me, though I did once have a bisexual girlfriend. Something I had no issues with, though my indifference and acceptance of it eventually seemed to contribute to a rift in the relationship. She once asked if I would object to her having on rare occasion experiences exclusively with her cousin (married to a man) and it didn't bother me. Though I never met her cousin either, who lived in another state.

To me she wasn't "cheating" but rather just getting something out of her system. I guess she wanted me to be jealous of such things, and jealousy and envy for whatever reason (not likely ASD) just don't happen with me. It always left me confused. I just didn't consider it within the parameters of an open relationship. Especially on such an infrequent basis with only one person who was of an alike mindset. Maybe that was my mistake. :confused:

Last edited:
Not me, though I did once have a bisexual girlfriend. Something I had no issues with, though my indifference and acceptance of it eventually seemed to contribute to a rift in the relationship. She once asked if I would object to her having on rare occasion experiences exclusively with her cousin (married to a man) and it didn't bother me. Though I never met her cousin either, who lived in another state.

To me she wasn't "cheating" but rather just getting something out of her system. I guess she wanted me to be jealous of such things, and jealousy and envy for whatever reason (not likely ASD) just don't happen with me. It always left me confused. I just didn't consider it within the parameters of an open relationship. Especially on such an infrequent basis with only one person who was of an alike mindset. Maybe that was my mistake. :confused:
She wanted you to not be ok with it? Trying to make you jealous? Well... that's a bit silly of her lol. I don't understand why she would want to stir up that feeling in you.

Making a person jealous over you can be a way
of assuring yourself that you are the focus. You
are the important one. You're worth fighting
over.

To some people's way of thinking, anyway.

She wanted you to not be ok with it? Trying to make you jealous? Well... that's a bit silly of her lol. I don't understand why she would want to stir up that feeling in you.

I know. It made no sense. Left me completely baffled. :confused:

I tried to make it clear to her that I considered this outside the realm of an open relationship. Something that I thought was just too complicated on general principle. I guess that wasn't enough.

But I truly don't experience jealousy or envy. I can observe it as a third-party, but I can't relate to it one way or another. Makes life awkward at times. :eek:

Making a person jealous over you can be a way
of assuring yourself that you are the focus. You
are the important one. You're worth fighting
over.

To some people's way of thinking, anyway.

Interesting. Though for someone to "test" me in such a way would prove catastrophic for me. But in hindsight I never really told her- or much of anyone how I don't process envy or jealousy. Again, maybe that was my fault too. :oops:

I'm bisexual, in a committed relationship with a man. Ive never had a girlfriend, not sure I would be capable of having a relationship with a woman. I highly suspect I'm not biromantic. I'm currently working on the ground rules for a FWB situation with a female friend, so I can indulge that part of my sexuality with someone with my boyfriend's approval.

I am not bisexual, I only "swing one way" and that is toward men.
However, my dad was supposedly bisexual, though he used this as an excuse to cheat on my mum with men. I actually highly suspect that my dad was gay and he married my mum to cover up his sexuality from his homophobic family. When he cheated it was always with men only.

I've never been interested in sex and for a long time I've never been interested in dating. I do know that I'm straight though because I did have some crushes on women here and there; I just never asked them out. I've never dated before but I'm not opposed to giving it a shot because I don't want to stay lonely for the rest of my life. I'm currently doing research on how an Aspie man should act in a relationship with an NT woman.

I'm bisexual. I've had crushes on both real people and fictional characters of various genders. I used to be in love with my same-sex best friend when I was in my early teens, and she was the only person who I truly wanted to get married to and build a family with. But she hurt me so badly that I've never had a desire to be in a relationship since then.

I still fantasize about fictional characters of various genders, but I don't trust real people anymore. I'm perfectly happy with being abstinent, which is actually encouraged in my religion for people who are not heterosexual.

If i'm into a guy then i usually work up the confidence to make a move or two. And it usually works out for me, until i find out i'm unhappy in the relationship. So my relationship with boys mostly don't work out, I'm curious if I'd be happier with a girl, but i only have one relationship to compare it with, with a lesbian. But it was all very stiff and awkward, which made me doubt my attraction to girls.
But at the same time girls are so pretty, cool, heavenly, beautiful and nice. I panic and go blank around pretty girls, and i can't find a straight explination of that attraction, so i dunno, i think I'm bi??????????

If i'm into a guy then i usually work up the confidence to make a move or two. And it usually works out for me, until i find out i'm unhappy in the relationship. So my relationship with boys mostly don't work out, I'm curious if I'd be happier with a girl, but i only have one relationship to compare it with, with a lesbian. But it was all very stiff and awkward, which made me doubt my attraction to girls.
But at the same time girls are so pretty, cool, heavenly, beautiful and nice. I panic and go blank around pretty girls, and i can't find a straight explination of that attraction, so i dunno, i think I'm bi??????????
I'm always afraid of making a move when I'm attracted to a woman, because I'm usually not sure whether she's straight or not and I'm scared of being judged for not being heterosexual. Hitting on guys is so much easier, somehow.

I'm always afraid of making a move when I'm attracted to a woman, because I'm usually not sure whether she's straight or not and I'm scared of being judged for not being heterosexual. Hitting on guys is so much easier, somehow.
Yeah i know right? Guys are so much simpler to flirt and hitting on. But with girls, you never know. Even if i know a girl isn't straight I'm still afraid to talk to her though, I'm scared she'll think I'm unnattractive or saying something weird.

New Threads

Top Bottom