• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Birthday Depression

ASD_Geek

V.I.P Member
Hey everyone,

I'm sorry if this sounds ungreatful and I don't mean to bring anyone down. I just wanted to express myself, post or something. Today is my birthday. I turned 51 and am very depressed today. I usually suffer from a bit of depression, but I don't know why I am this down today. My family wished me, "Happy Birthday" and has been nice to me. I am working (I work from home) and my wife is also working until late today. Kids are at school or out, so I have the place to myself.

There is nothing out of the ordinary that I can tell that is making me feel this way, I just do.

Thanks for listening.

Happy birthday. I always find birthdays to be depressing, too and don't know why. I wonder if deep down we are expecting to feel something and we don't. Hope the day gets better for you.

My Birthday was last month. I felt terrible. Not specifically of aging, but was terrified of people pretending to care and say fake things to me. I just didn’t want to draw any extra attention. This caused the most sadness/anxiety.

My birthday is tomorrow and it's also terrible! I completely forgot to remove it from being visible on Facebook now that I have a job with the sort of people who love these sorts of things. It was so painful. I've taken it off now, so the future will be better, but I'm in recovery right now.

Happy birthday, don't feel down too long, you are not alone in suffering around birthday times like this - I have done for a number of years, I think it may come with age, but when I look back, to be honest it was always like this. I am personally putting it down in my long list of attributes and stuff that I 'do'. Try to look for the rainbows - I always built up big days and they failed me every time, hence raining disappointment. So glad you have wife and kids to greet you later, you may be surprised in life you are loved more than you realise maybe, 1DAAT.

Hey everyone,

I'm sorry if this sounds ungreatful and I don't mean to bring anyone down. I just wanted to express myself, post or something. Today is my birthday. I turned 51 and am very depressed today. I usually suffer from a bit of depression, but I don't know why I am this down today. My family wished me, "Happy Birthday" and has been nice to me. I am working (I work from home) and my wife is also working until late today. Kids are at school or out, so I have the place to myself.

There is nothing out of the ordinary that I can tell that is making me feel this way, I just do.

Thanks for listening.

Co granulation don another year!

I have never had a birthday that was happy. Now that my mother is gone I am depressed on certain holidays (whereas before I never cared one way or the other). I’ve had to plan around it and be kind to myself and accepting of my emotional state.

I hope you find the cause(s) and a good remedy.

Be kind to yourself.

Thank you all very much. I am sorry for those here who are also sad on birthdays and holidays. I know that thos are hard times. I'm not sure as to the cause of it.

It is good to have friends and family and I am blessed to have both. I count you all on here as blessings as well! I wish you all the best that life has to offer! Thank you :)

Thank you all very much. I am sorry for those here who are also sad on birthdays and holidays. I know that thos are hard times. I'm not sure as to the cause of it.

It is good to have friends and family and I am blessed to have both. I count you all on here as blessings as well! I wish you all the best that life has to offer! Thank you :)

I’m starting to notice that for a group often accused of not having empathy, people here seem to be so compassionate and supportive. It’s the most of both in one place I’ve experienced. And I’m a Buddhist and nonviolence program coordinator.

I’m beginning to feel proud of my tribe.

All the best to you. Many blessings for a long life and lots of kindness toward you.

New Threads

Top Bottom