• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bird Watching

FIVER

I am a novice bird watcher. There are a lot of bird clubs and I just thought that it is a great way to get out with people and "socialize" and the focus be on birds.

I am great at spotting birds although I usually don't know what it is, then a more experienced watcher will call the name.

Also, getting out in nature is very calming! It gets me out of myself and onto a purpose or a task. Being a spotter is great. Makes me feel useful.

Are there any bird watchers here?

Indeed. I enjoy bird watching, for the very same reasons you've mentioned. I, also, like to listen to them chirp and sing. It is quite relaxing.

There is an app called EBird. It tracks where you go and you list what birds you see.
It's great fun.

I just downloaded the app, but thought I'd mention another one I also downloaded, called; Seek, by iNaturalist, in case you might be interested in it. You capture photos of plants, birds and other animals, as well as fungi, and the app will identify it for you. This will be nice for my walks and hiking. Thank you, again! I had no idea such apps existed.

Not exactly a bird watcher but I do enjoy being out in nature and listening to birds singing. I find it very calming.

I also have a bird feeder outside the house and it is nice to watch and listen to the birds visiting it.

We have a cardinal nest in one arborvitae, purple finches in another. We get visits from hummingbirds, orioles, scarlet tanginers, rose breasted grosbeaks, a pleathora of robins, daily sighting of bald eagles and turkey vultures...

Last edited:
I like to watch birds, it's very relaxing.

It's a little less relaxing when I'm trying to follow them in flight whilst manually adjusting the focus on my telephoto DSLR lens.

But it's worth it, when you get a good shot

280969035_1368877360262150_2718247480252707800_n.jpg

Ed

20220531_143801.jpg

Cardinal chick fell out of his nest. He was sitting square in the middle of our deck with no cover. He is now back by the arborvitae and his parents found him. Looked up what to do, and basically he will be fine despite his size. From the look of him he is between 7- 9 days old and cardinals usually fledge at 9 - 11 days old.

New Threads

Top Bottom