• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Birb Quest: Nearly there!

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
I'm nearly on my way to getting a bird. Happening so far:
-My step-father has agreed to get reward me once i get his hunter on WoW to Level 120. Yes i know this sounds ridiculous, but with the way he is, you have to just go with it. I guess this is a way of bonding with me for him? I don't know.

- He has decided to get me two birds instead of one, he thinks just one would be cruel and lonely.

-Apparently birds can be autistic because one bird he looked at at PetCo was "acting weird", he said it was just hopping back and forth between two perches, and spitting millet at the walls of the capture case.

- I have decided on budgies rather than cockatiels because cockatiels can be up to $80, budgies can be only $24~ or so. They wanted $50 for a cage!

My only problem right now is coming up with names. For a male, i wanted to name it Kappa, but if we get a boy and a girl, i can't think of any girl, names, and i don't want a "human" name like Stan or something.

My quest is almost complete!

I think your step-father was always going to get you the bird, because leveling to 120 is not really a chore :p But, I guess, it's the principle, you got to work a little for what you want.

BUT - are you prepared for the constant noise? Because, having birds sounds like an absolute nightmare to me. Constant shrill tweeting and chirping at all hours of the day...

As for names, take some inspiration from some of your favourite shows or games :) ...maybe Chara?

are you prepared for the constant noise? Because, having birds sounds like an absolute nightmare to me. Constant shrill tweeting and chirping at all hours of the day...

Hehe they are terribly noisy, aren't they, and you were right to warn the poster. But I think those of us who "like" birds probably don't mind that noise :p

I have decided on budgies rather than cockatiels because cockatiels can be up to $80, budgies can be only $24~ or so. They wanted $50 for a cage!

I feel your excitement @UberScout and though I'm not personally fond of 'keeping' birds if you are going to, please try to get as BIG a cage as you can.

Can't help you on the names - I am fond of human ones which you've ruled out :laughing:

Thank you all for the support, and yes i understand budgies are really chatty, I'm used to it after I had Sparky, but he wasn't always very chatty, he usually only talked to you if you talked to him. "Frickin' stupid! Frick frick frick, (tweeweet), ya frickin' birdie say I love you! I love you, (brzt, dwirtwirtwirt) wanna cracker? Wanna cracker?" I remember him doing something like that one morning while my dad sat next to him.

Another problem i'm facing is that I only have one real piece of furniture in my room, a nightstand, which holds a DnD map I drew, my wallet and phone when i'm sleeping, the manual to my Atari Flashback and my Genesis next to it, right now I have nowhere to sit a cage but I suppose we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

And Zeta does sound like a cute girl name, but i don't know if I'm getting a boy and a girl or two boys or two girls. I suppose if I got a male-female couple, I could get them to breed and make money selling the chicks.

"Frickin' stupid! Frick frick frick, (tweeweet), ya frickin' birdie say I love you! I love you, (brzt, dwirtwirtwirt) wanna cracker? Wanna cracker?" I remember him doing something like that one morning while my dad sat next to him.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

-Apparently birds can be autistic because one bird he looked at at PetCo was "acting weird", he said it was just hopping back and forth between two perches, and spitting millet at the walls of the capture case.

Or it could have been suffering from being in the case. Happens with quite a lot of animals in pet shops.

Or it could have been suffering from being in the case. Happens with quite a lot of animals in pet shops.

Well, yeah...I also remember seeing a hamster that did literally nothing but jump side-to-side at the glass of the case it was in, never once stopping to catch his breath. No idea what was wrong with him, or if anything was wrong with him. I had never seen a hamster do that before, ever.

Also, I just looked at your signature, you have Tourettes?

Well, yeah...I also remember seeing a hamster that did literally nothing but jump side-to-side at the glass of the case it was in, never once stopping to catch his breath. No idea what was wrong with him, or if anything was wrong with him. I had never seen a hamster do that before, ever.

Also, I just looked at your signature, you have Tourettes?

Sounds like a hamster driven mad by a small enclosure.

Yes, I do.

New Threads

Top Bottom