• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Between Dating

Binary_Bark

Never had that feeling of “connection”, that 'ooh I like you'.
Until now, new person starting at work, think she would agree, there were an immediate 'spark' as they say.

From Many, many tinder fails. From going on a magnificent first date, to the inevitable speaking/ texting over sharing, blurting, and you get ghosted. You share because you feel safe, then the same person breaks your heart.

Let's get this right, when we as a people fall, we don't fall lightly, it's everything, or nothing. This just seems natural. Now from this, I do not have any support, nor any emotional connection to family. Now this is where my concern comes in, is it me. The person in question is of Indian descent, and I've got very conservative parents. Now as said before, I have no connection to them, is this irrational fear just my brain trying to make excuses.

Some mentions have been made, other activities.
It's weird, I'm (not many, count on one hand) usually the one chasing, feverishly trying very hard to get things working. In this situation, it's being returned, first ever, and I have no idea on how to deal with it.

There is more I'm thinking about, but not sure if I should share.
The always over thinking of things.

Last edited:
Hopefully you won't let the limitations of your parents views influence you in a developing relationship. Especially as you aren't connecting with your parents, if I read that right.

Hopefully you won't let the limitations of your parents views influence you in a developing relationship. Especially as you aren't connecting with your parents, if I read that right.
Yes, there is no big connection there. It's the very conservative views that upsets me.

It is your life, not your parents'. While I did not date extensively, it taught me what I wanted in terms of personality, values and interests. When I found that person I became a little more circumspect about oversharing, while being open and vulnerable to her, letting her past my emotional and physical boundaries. It was a balancing act, but here we are 44 years later and I have grown significantly.

I think because we have such difficulty with relationships, that once we enter one with somebody accepting who we feel is special, and, who in turn values us, we are all in. My parents were very happy that I found a kindred soul, yet nothing could have disuaded me from being with her.

I wish you great happiness and fulfillment.

Exactly! I was never treated well by people with conservative views, so I tend not to give them much credence. Isn't life hard enough to put up barriers to our enjoyment of it? As I travel it is easy to recognize that people everywhere are trying to do the best for themselves with what they understand. So, when there is a mutually fulfilling relationship that, to me, is making the best out of life.

Relax and enjoy the mutual attraction and friendship. Take it slow, but be attentive. Take a chance, and see where it goes. She will let you know if she wants more.

Thanks for the reply's all. Things are going well, I would think. I'm not even getting a chance to ask any questions, a bit bewildering really, not used to it. It's a weird feeling having the same amount of effort if not a bit more are put into a conversation, not sure how to explain it.

I think because we have such difficulty with relationships, that once we enter one with somebody accepting who we feel is special, and, who in turn values us, we are all in.

This in particular are so true. We sort of go overboard at some point and just tip the entire bucket out. But this is where we slowly learn how to handle it. not only do we go all in, but get hurt so badly that it could take us up to 2 years or more to recover or trust someone in that way again.

Thing is, I'm now really want to talk to someone about it, what I think and what I see, you know.
But, aren't you doing a little of that here? Look at, @Rasputin 's response. He puts things simply, yet I think he is validating your thoughts about the connection you want with that woman.

The feeling I had when meeting a very accepting woman, now my spouse, was that things were so right for both of us that we were certainly connected by the red string of fate and that destiny drove us together. Superstitious or not, it lets me understand the travails I went through before we met and see it in a positive light. I hope you will have the chance to feel that way.

But, aren't you doing a little of that here? Look at, @Rasputin 's response. He puts things simply, yet I think he is validating your thoughts about the connection you want with that woman.

The feeling I had when meeting a very accepting woman, now my spouse, was that things were so right for both of us that we were certainly connected by the red string of fate and that destiny drove us together. Superstitious or not, it lets me understand the travails I went through before we met and see it in a positive light. I hope you will have the chance to feel that way.
Yes, I've read @Rasputin 's post and most definitely agree. This is much better than meeting someone over tinder, in person and off you go.

And yes, once the Wyrd gets hold of you... One can only see what happens

Going at it like @Rasputin suggested, the winning post.
Things are going very well. She is beautiful and magnificent. But I'm really trying not to go overboard again or scare.
We tend to get attached.

New Threads

Top Bottom