• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Best stimmy foods

Full Steam

The renegade master
V.I.P Member
I've figured out that a lot of my stims are from food.

Crunch food.

Roast potatoes. I could eat them and nothing else, just dipped in gravy.
Chips
Crisps
Rice cracker
Nuts

Hot food and chilli powder in everything.
Perfectly cooked medium grain and sushi rice - bouncy chewey heaven!

Sweet and sour foods
Heavy red wine, but I can only have a glass due to sulphites.
Hoppy beers.

Fudgesicles are at the top of my list along with ice cubes this summer.
Sushi rice, usually calrose, sometimes bomba rice.
Cucumbers, radishes, crunchy lettuces.
Walnuts, pecans, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, & peanuts
Apples, peanut butter, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries.
Toast, potato chips, crackers, corn chips.
Herbal teas, with honey. Tomato juice.

Walnuts
sunflower seeds
popcorn but I hate it when the shell jabs in between my teeth
organic apple sauce (no flavors just plain)
Chicken veggie rice soup (my favorite food)
Almond butter on granola bar

Walnuts
sunflower seeds
popcorn but I hate it when the shell jabs in between my teeth
organic apple sauce (no flavors just plain)
Chicken veggie rice soup (my favorite food)
Almond butter on granola bar

I'm with you on the popcorn - great crunch and feel, but nope - not having those bits between my teeth - yuck.

It's all about the crunch.

I think it's the sound in the ears + jaw pressure which combines to create the perfect stimmy-crunch.

Crunchy veges don't do it for me, and crunchy things that atomise on chomp are just rubbish - I'm thinking of you Monster Munch!

I used the like crunchy french bread that lacerates the roof of my mouth for an additional twist of pain, but I'm gluten free (or very low now).

Poor me :(

:D

I used the like crunchy french bread that lacerates the roof of my mouth for an additional twist of pain, but I'm gluten free (or very low now).

Me too. I can barely eat a piece of toast for breakfast, or one cracker, my stomach becomes so bloated. So, corn chips as a snack or my own corn or rice flour flatbread.

Last edited:
I had a few bits of gluten stuff last week and felt tired, bloated and down for 3 days.

Definitely not good for me.

I especially like hot soup during cold or rainy weather. I like collecting recipes for different kinds of soups and also invent my own recipes.

A mug of tea can be soothing.

Fresh baked bread makes me feel good while it is raising and cooking because of the smell. It is also nice to eat after it cooks. Tearing chunks off a loaf of shepherd bread feels good. I have begun experimenting with old grains to make bread with. They can be fine for people who have trouble with gluten.

Roasted vegetables with oil and herbs and spices on them make me feel good.

I rarely get tired of veggie pizza with pesto sauce on it and it makes me feel better if I am overwhelmed.

I'd never considered my preference for crunching as a stim. Learn something new everyday eh? :)

@Sportster - when you catch yourself grinding, rest your tongue between your front teeth. Relaxes your lower jaw a little. (Preventing head and neck ache)

Short grain brown rice, cooked just so. Sometimes with a little tamari, &/or mirin.
Also Chicken and rice, and (homemade so as ro not have chemicals) chicken soup.

Assam tea with milk. Yum.

Medium boiled eggs.

Carrot sticks, celery sticks, cucumber, red bell pepper.

Peanuts, walnuts, roasted pumpkin seeds.

Also love potato chips, but don't eat them often because eventuslly the salt hurts my mouth, and they're not good for me.

Crunchy is good Since one of my main stims is gently clicking my teeth together.

Last edited:
what do you mean by tea like peppermint or english breakfast tea?thanks
I especially like hot soup during cold or rainy weather. I like collecting recipes for different kinds of soups and also invent my own recipes.

A mug of tea can be soothing.

Fresh baked bread makes me feel good while it is raising and cooking because of the smell. It is also nice to eat after it cooks. Tearing chunks off a loaf of shepherd bread feels good. I have begun experimenting with old grains to make bread with. They can be fine for people who have trouble with gluten.

Roasted vegetables with oil and herbs and spices on them make me feel good.

I rarely get tired of veggie pizza with pesto sauce on it and it makes me feel better if I am overwhelmed.

do you like lady grey ?my mam.loved it! i liked the bergamot in earl grey- cant drink it now stomach too weak

I don't believe I have tried that one. I make it weak and put soy milk in it. That goes easier on my stomach. It might let you drink it also.

I've figured out that a lot of my stims are from food.

Crunch food.

Roast potatoes. I could eat them and nothing else, just dipped in gravy.
Chips
Crisps
Rice cracker
Nuts

Hot food and chilli powder in everything.
Perfectly cooked medium grain and sushi rice - bouncy chewey heaven!

Sweet and sour foods
Heavy red wine, but I can only have a glass due to sulphites.
Hoppy beers.
finely chopped: all veg ,nearly every fruit
blancmange if milk isnt making me nauseous

i cant find decaf that i can afford anymore britain is an expensive country for most
I don't believe I have tried that one. I make it weak and put soy milk in it. That goes easier on my stomach. It might let you drink it also.

I was chewing sugarless gum at work to prevent dry mouth. Did so for many years. I didn't realize that I also clench my jaw at night-- all that chewing combined to give me terrible TMJ/ problems with jaw muscle pain. Stopped the gum chewing and am bereft (but have no jaw pain). I guess it was my way of stimming. Now I seem to chew my lip if not mindful.

New Threads

Top Bottom