• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Best Speech Recognition Headset?

In googling such things, I found that groupings of allegedly the "best" headsets involved an eclectic mix of both well-known cheap brand names, as well as a few more expensive ones. I suppose I'd be more inclined to go with a well-known brand name reflecting quality than one known only for low-cost products in general.

Ten dollars more than your price range...but then Sennheiser specializes in headphones. One thing for sure, such products tend to be physically more sensitive to rough use than most consumers realize. Best not to "manhandle" any of them as much as is possible.

Seems nothing is made to last these days...especially anything used in a portable manner. Where even if they are designed to fold, it's something you want to avoid at all times. A particular issue with earbuds, headphones, etc. regardless of cost.

Top 10 Best Speech Recognition Headsets in 2020 Reviews

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005HWEZGG?tag=best10choic05-20

Last edited:
Thank you! I am looking at those right now. I did see that list. I thought that little twelve dollar one might actually be OK because it's made for schools. Sometimes with bulk buying power, they do get higher quality. But I am looking into the other link you sent, too! Ten over might work......

Thank you! I am looking at those right now. I did see that list. I thought that little twelve dollar one might actually be OK because it's made for schools. Sometimes with bulk buying power, they do get higher quality. But I am looking into the other link you sent, too! Ten over might work......

Personally I'd stay away from anything made by Cyber Acoustics. Where you get what you pay for.

Keep in mind such ranking are weighted in terms of performance and cost more than product longevity. That's why I'd prefer a better, well-known brand name who specializes in audio products. But to reiterate, all such products don't stand up to any real physical abuse. Where the leads are likely to weaken, and suddenly you lose a left or right channel. Headsets of all kinds just don't seem to be as study as they used to be.

If you use this forum's search engine, you'll find a great many threads about such consumer audio devices where people are fed up with them breaking down so easily. It's frustrating to me because I lived in an earlier era of technology where most quality electronic products I owned have- and continue to last for decades. Most made in Japan- not China.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom