• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Best Religious Experience?

VernalSole1355

Fellow Aspies, what was/is the best religious experience that you have had/are having in your life?

Mine was likely my Baptism. Long story short, I'm (currently) a Baptist and they believe baptism is done only by submersion by water. I have a fear of water (which I'm still combating to this day). My church made an accommodation for me and was able to baptize me without total submersion.

Fellow Aspies, what was/is the best religious experience that you have had/are having in your life?

Mine was likely my Baptism. Long story short, I'm (currently) a Baptist and they believe baptism is done only by submersion by water. I have a fear of water (which I'm still combating to this day). My church made an accommodation for me and was able to baptize me without total submersion.
Oh, that’s interesting! Care to share more about how your modified baptism went?

I’m not a religious person myself, but I’m always interested to hear about other people’s experiences and practices.

Oh, that’s interesting! Care to share more about how your modified baptism went?

I’m not a religious person myself, but I’m always interested to hear about other people’s experiences and practices.

Sure. So basically, their baptistry at the time was in a mostly glass pool on the upper floor of the sanctuary sticking out so everyone could see. Their main sanctuary (not counting the overflow area) holds around 2,000 people. So what we had done was there was a fountain outside that on occasion they would use as a baptistry (there was a grade that could be removed to make it deeper). We just did the baptism there, fed it into the main sanctuary via livestream, and instead of doing total submersion, they laid me back and poured some water from the fountain over my head.

baptism was one of the best experiences, but seeing my son get baptized was even better =)

Sure. So basically, their baptistry at the time was in a mostly glass pool on the upper floor of the sanctuary sticking out so everyone could see. Their main sanctuary (not counting the overflow area) holds around 2,000 people. So what we had done was there was a fountain outside that on occasion they would use as a baptistry (there was a grade that could be removed to make it deeper). We just did the baptism there, fed it into the main sanctuary via livestream, and instead of doing total submersion, they laid me back and poured some water from the fountain over my head.
That sounds like a beautiful experience! Thank you for sharing :)

Watching bad weather break because of a bubble placed to protect us. Got to see it once. Dark grey clouds on one side in a circular shape. Above sunshine and blue sky.
Also surviving an in land hurricane. A very bad freeze where tempartures dipped to 8 degrees. Unheard of for my area. Oh and a pandemic. Caught and thankfully survived Coronavirus.
I've got more stories and experiences but, will leave off at that.

Every time I receive the Sacrament of Penance or the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.

Funny thing about Baptism, I was baptized as an infant; but my parents told me that during my baptism, I cried throughout the whole event but when the priest finally poured the water over my forehead, I stopped crying.

So many wonderful speakers, so much amazing music, but one thing stands out. We always hold hands at the end of the service, everyone together, and sing a special song together, its my favorite part

New Threads

Top Bottom