• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Best places to find a partner as an Aspie

ProfessorOptics

Any places that you use, recommend that can be used to help an Aspie find a partner, NT or otherwise?

Forums, dating sites, etc. I've tried Tinder, never happens. I've tried OkCupid, no luck either; Bumble, POF, all the same.

Also, finding partners through forums vs finding a partner through an online dating app? Which is better, which is more effective, and which has a greater "environment" to meet women/partners?

I'm a bit out of date - things have moved on since I was last dating. There was no Tinder - not even touch screen smart phones ;)
I met my wife on match.com in it's early days. She was the only profile I responded to which didn't have a photo (because of her work). We exchanged quite a few emails before we met so when we DID meet up, we already had plenty to talk about.
Prior to that most of my exes I met through work or social contacts.

I'm a bit out of date - things have moved on since I was last dating. There was no Tinder - not even touch screen smart phones ;)
I met my wife on match.com in it's early days. She was the only profile I responded to which didn't have a photo (because of her work). We exchanged quite a few emails before we met so when we DID meet up, we already had plenty to talk about.
Prior to that most of my exes I met through work or social contacts.

I haven't tried match.com. I've heard a lot of mixed stories about how they jippy the matches with fake accounts and stuff to coax you into paying for the service. I've been uncertain about dating sites, and apps, because of this. forums and stuff that have such a place for people to match up, is often better, because it's usually not profit oriented. Plus, there are topics already on hand that a person can use as an icebreaker and stuff.

sadly though, I don't know of many such sites...

I had the free trial at match.com. Then I switched to matchmaker.com and within an hour found my soulmate. Back then it took about a week to upload a photo, so we also started dating sight unseen after about 20 emails and a heavenly voice on the phone.

not making publicity, but i found my wife through a popular dating website,
we are both rather old-fashioned and weren't identifying with the 'modern' lack of morals or self respect, we corresponded through very long mails for two months to get to know each other before meeting, we kind of knew what we were getting into before meeting

so talking and getting to know each other rather than swiping till you've lost all self respect and respect for others and finally either get lucky or just take what you can get

According to a TED talk I listened to people that found success with online dating did so because they said more in their messages.
One word answers and the like don't help you get to know someone.
So I would say take your time with your messages.
Give information but leave hooks for them to go after. Like a good mystery book/show

New Threads

Top Bottom