• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Best movie about food.

Gerald Wilgus

V.I.P Member
There is a thread about pasta, and that started me thinking of movies about food. What are your favorites?

Mine?
1. Tampopo. A cowboy trucker becomes sensei to a hapless noodle shop chef.
2. Babette's Feast. A renown chef submerges herself in an ascetic Danish sect, only to request to cook at her abilities once more before resigning herself to a life of denial.
3. Like Water for Chocolate. A convoluted tale of love, loss and betrayal with food infused with emotion.

1. Elf: The 4 main food groups: Candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.
2. Charlie and the chocolate factory
3. Harry Potter and the feasts at Hogwarts

68C9.gif

None of these are really about food. The movie that was made about how bad Mcdonalds is!

For a serious answer, check out Jiro Dreams of Sushi, which is a documentary about a super gourmet sushi bar in Tokyo.

Some favorites off the top of my head_

Chocolat

The Mistress of Spices

The Lunchbox

Fried Green Tomatoes

Was just watching Sunday Morning while eating my breakfast and they had a segment about the Automat. I ate at one in NYC when in 1968 I thought to see how far $100 would take me.

Sausage Party? :D

There are some good food scenes in Simply Irresistible, Last Holiday, and Marie Antoinette.

And Brad Pitt should get an honorable mention... that guy is always eating something in his movies.

Can't think of any one movie that actually revolved around food itself. Though it does remind me of one scene where food was "weaponized". :p

No casualties though...:cool:

Can't think of any one movie that actually revolved around food itself. Though it does remind me of one scene where food was "weaponized". :p

No casualties though...:cool:
That pastry fight was amazing! Of course there is always Monsieur Creasote in The Meaning of Life.

There is a thread about pasta, and that started me thinking of movies about food. What are your favorites?

Mine?
1. Tampopo. A cowboy trucker becomes sensei to a hapless noodle shop chef.
2. Babette's Feast. A renown chef submerges herself in an ascetic Danish sect, only to request to cook at her abilities once more before resigning herself to a life of denial.
3. Like Water for Chocolate. A convoluted tale of love, loss and betrayal with food infused with emotion.
This was my list! You saved me a good bit of typing. Well done!

New Threads

Top Bottom