1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Best CBD oil for aspergers and/or autism

Discussion in 'General Autism Discussion' started by Edy Howey, Sep 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Edy Howey

Edy Howey New Member

Hi there,

I currently have a blog which I write about CBD oil and Hemp oil. I am interested in writing something about CBD oil and Asperger's

I want to know if anyone has taken CBD oil for their or their family members Aspergers. How this has helped? and what products they use and recommend?

Interested to get some feedback!

thanks.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Juliettaa

Juliettaa Black Sheep. Society of One. V.I.P Member

I tried Provacan CBD Oil 1200mg. Cost £69.99.

This brand/strength came out top in the UK of the best CBD oils.

The only thing it did was make me feel horribly sick. The smell and taste - absolutely disgusting and vomit inducing, exacerbated by sensory issues related to ASD.

Oh, I'm also in excess of £70 (oil plus postage) out of pocket and left with a defunct bottle of CBD oil.

No positives from me I'm afraid.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. NothingToSeeHere

NothingToSeeHere Asexuowl V.I.P Member

I've also tried CBD oil and it had no effect on at all. Total waste of money.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. SDRSpark

SDRSpark Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I use CBD isolate and mix it myself. It's a lot cheaper that way.

I started taking it for anxiety, and it does OK for anxiety, but it does a surprising amount for sensory sensitivities. I wasn't expecting that result, but it really does make sensory stuff a lot easier to deal with.

• Like Like x 1
  5. louk296

louk296 New Member

Hi, my partner is an aspie who just started using cbd oil 3 months ago. The brand is Zen CBD oil, 500mg. It has had very positive effects - let me just list a few...
    1. Does wonders for sensory overload. Finally able to go shopping in crowded areas and revisit places which have been associated with panic attacks and agoraphobia.
    2. Able to 'break the routine' and take various modes of public transport instead of being able to only take specific bus routes.
    3. Number of meltdowns decreased a LOT, used to be multiple times a week but now twice a month or so.
    4. Much more comfortable making small talk in public, and interacting with acquaintances at school (as a graduate student). She has described previously, feeling like humans are scary and unable to make eye contact at all, but after using the oil, she said she has never felt so 'light' interacting with people.
    5. Communication has improved greatly between us, and with her family. Able to understand a little more, where people are coming from and not see things as 'black and white' as before.
    6. Does wonders for anxiety too, and has helped a lot with manic depression and suicidal thoughts. She described that before, she used to feel like she was a black hole and any friends who got close would be 'polluted' by her dirtiness, but now that feeling has been somewhat lifted.

Have tried not taking CBD oil for a week, and can confirm that these changes can be attributed to the oil.

EDIT: My partner has Aspergers, agoraphobia, hypochondria and depression. Also has severe abandonment issues and insecurity, due to a very very trying and traumatic childhood.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Edy Howey

Edy Howey New Member

WOW! that's great to hear it helped so much. Thanks for all that information. Would you mind me using this or paraphrasing any of this within my article?

7. Edy Howey

Edy Howey New Member

Hey, that's great to hear. I think I might suggest the option of mixing it yourself, perhaps gives more control over dosage etc.

8. Edy Howey

Edy Howey New Member

Sorry to hear, i guess it doesn't work for everyone.

9. louk296

louk296 New Member

Go ahead! Hope this can help some people :)

10. Progster

Progster Gone sideways to the sun V.I.P Member

I once bought some CBD capsules to help with anxiety and sleep, but they had little or no affect - each capsule was 300mg, probably not enough to have any significant effect. Perhaps try taking a double dosage as see what happens.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Edy Howey

Edy Howey New Member

Yes, I think doses, on average, should be double at least.

• Like Like x 1
  12. kethyleen

kethyleen Member

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  13. Stuart1975

Stuart1975 Well-Known Member

CBD oil shouldn’t show on a drug and alcohol test THC will. I find CBD great for anxiety and sleep.