• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Best cat toy today :)

Mia

V.I.P Member
Discovered a battery run cat toy, that my cat has not left alone since my husband put the batteries in it. She's still at it and likely will be until the batteries die. At $14.00 dollars locally, it works well and makes a noise which she seems to like.

This is a kitten playing with it, not my cat.

So far, it's the toy that has held her interest for some time. What kinds of toys do your cats like?

I'm still busting up over the latest Farmers Insurance commercial. Where stranded motorists fend off a mountain lion with a laser pen....pointing it away from the car. :p

Here kitty-kitty-kitty! :eek:

Last edited:
My cat likes bits of paper covered wire she skitters across the floor, also there's a toy we call the Thunder stick it's a fabric covered tube with seeds inside and feathers each end she likes to wrestle with that. She likes her scratchy post and she steals hair bobbles. In good weather I get her chasing grasses if I m gardening but she is very fast so I may get scratched. She hunts spiders and flies. That looks a really fun toy I ll look for it.

Our cats have a similar toy and liked it the first time but after about 15 minutes lost interest in it. My cat's favorite toy is a round track with a ball in it and a scratchy pad in the center. She also loved a cat painting program I had for my tablet (see pictures below):

mousepaint.jpg
lucyartsigned.jpg

mousepaint.jpg

(Sorry for the duplicate picture couldn't delete just one.) There are some good computer programs for cats showing birds and other animals moving around. Lucy used to sit for hours in front of my computer screen until she finally got tired of the different programs.

The Cheese toy:
upload_2019-12-8_13-48-5.jpeg
It's a toy that has mice that move in and out randomly and make a noise, it's automatic and can be programmed to come on for fifteen minutes every few hours. I've had it for four years.

Initially the cats crouched down and stared at it for a time, then watched it when it came on a few hours later. It doesn't really do anything except move the mice in and out, and it's not all that interactive. After two years, they stopped staring at it when I turned it on. Now, they might look for a few minutes and walk away.

It would be much improved if it had feathers or something they could swipe at, moving in and out. I might just glue something like small bells to it, and feathers. Otherwise it's not worthwhile unless your cats have no stimulation at all.

New Threads

Top Bottom