• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Being oblivious and entering the wrong area anyone?

SimplyWandering

ill probably get laughed at for this... but I joined a gym like a month or two ago and I never use the bathroom, because I am uncomfortable using public spaces..especially around people I don’t know.

I had my headset on because they play loud repetitive house music. I walked in the entrance of the bathroom I heard two people say something (even with my headset on) and didn’t think anything of it, then they said it a bit louder and I walked out , took my headset off and I heard them say “hey buddy, that’s the wrong restroom.” Then I noticed it had the symbol for women, but my brain I guess was distracted or the colors made it difficult for me to be aware of (colors blend for me) at planet fitness .

I am perpetually embarrassed .

Anyone else have a story like this?

I've wandered into the wrong area of an airport a couple of times, without any dire consequences though. One it meant that I had to go through security all over again, and that was annoying.

I walked into my office a few months ago when our company had apparently gotten the day off collectively, but my supervisor had forgotten to inform me. I walked right past the sign on the front door that said the office was closed, because I was in deep thought. I was surprised at how quiet it was and how all the lights were dimmed. When I noticed no one at all was in the office I decided to go home again.
Then came the tricky part, because due to a security snafu my personnel pass did allow me entrance, but it didn’t allow me to leave, and the automatic doors were powered down.
Cue to me being stuck in an office building with blaring alarms for three hours (no one showed up) calling the police station and the firefighters’ station to see if they could free me but they told me they weren’t allowed to break open the doors. They told me to open the emergency exits, but I was reluctant to do so because that would leave the doors to my office building open for three days, allowing everyone in the public entry. As I work for the government and our building contains highly sensitive personal data I didn’t want to be responsible for such a security breach.
Eventually I called all security companies in the region until I found one that does the security for my office. It took another hour for them to send someone open, by which time I had opened one emergency door to allow me to get closer to the building’s exit.
When the security guy arrived he found that all doors were on complete lockdown and he had to use an emergency door - the only non-automatic entrance to our building to gain entry to the compound.
He was very kind and apologetic to me. Because it wasn’t my fault that the building security hadn’t disabled entry via personnel pass he felt I shouldn’t be billed for him showing up and for resetting the security door I had opened, so he ‘forgot’ to record my name and just billed the company.
I felt extremely stupid over this (not to mention the sensory nightmare of blaring alarms for hours, and people on the street pointing at me behind the door, yelling I was a burglar and calling the police) and for weeks I was scared that my manager would find out it was me and confront me about it, but luckily that never happened.

I walked into my office a few months ago when our company had apparently gotten the day off collectively, but my supervisor had forgotten to inform me. I walked right past the sign on the front door that said the office was closed, because I was in deep thought. I was surprised at how quiet it was and how all the lights were dimmed. When I noticed no one at all was in the office I decided to go home again.
Then came the tricky part, because due to a security snafu my personnel pass did allow me entrance, but it didn’t allow me to leave, and the automatic doors were powered down.
Cue to me being stuck in an office building with blaring alarms for three hours (no one showed up) calling the police station and the firefighters’ station to see if they could free me but they told me they weren’t allowed to break open the doors. They told me to open the emergency exits, but I was reluctant to do so because that would leave the doors to my office building open for three days, allowing everyone in the public entry. As I work for the government and our building contains highly sensitive personal data I didn’t want to be responsible for such a security breach.
Eventually I called all security companies in the region until I found one that does the security for my office. It took another hour for them to send someone open, by which time I had opened one emergency door to allow me to get closer to the building’s exit.
When the security guy arrived he found that all doors were on complete lockdown and he had to use an emergency door - the only non-automatic entrance to our building to gain entry to the compound.
He was very kind and apologetic to me. Because it wasn’t my fault that the building security hadn’t disabled entry via personnel pass he felt I shouldn’t be billed for him showing up and for resetting the security door I had opened, so he ‘forgot’ to record my name and just billed the company.
I felt extremely stupid over this (not to mention the sensory nightmare of blaring alarms for hours, and people on the street pointing at me behind the door, yelling I was a burglar and calling the police) and for weeks I was scared that my manager would find out it was me and confront me about it, but luckily that never happened.

Nice ninja work.:p

There would of been CCTV, surely, so they’re bound to find out at some point who entered the building, but it wasn’t your fault.

Nice ninja work.:p
When I called my boyfriend from the building he got all excited and wanted me to try and crawl through the hallways and find out ways not to trigger the alarm and he wanted me to try and sneak into places I’m not allowed to go. He went full secret agent on me :p

Crap l am so guilty of this. We walk in our safe little bubble impervious to Anything around us. Sensory overload can be shutdown immediately. Hey, nothing bad happened. Maybe your boyfriend enjoys the secret agent thing. lol

Only a Aspie can go into full lockdown mode in our brain.

When I called my boyfriend from the building he got all excited and wanted me to try and crawl through the hallways and find out ways not to trigger the alarm and he wanted me to try and sneak into places I’m not allowed to go. He went full secret agent on me :p

“Real life “ escape room here... I can feel the anxiety you must have felt lols

Being on the spectrum can present its comedic entertainment. Let me think Woody Allen being chased by giant boobs comes to my brain. lol Yes, he is possibly on the spectrum. He stated he has benign anxiety, we aren't dangerous, we just experience anxiety differently. I need to write my screenplay in tribute to him.

Last edited:
It's very common to walk into the wrong restroom. It's really bad when you're at a truck stop and walk into the men's shower? Yep, did that.

Being on the spectrum can present its comedic entertainment. Let me think Woody Allen being chased by giant boobs comes to my brain. lol Yes, he is possibly on the spectrum. He stated he has benign anxiety, we aren't dangerous, we just experience anxiety differently. I need to write my screenplay in tribute to him.

Dooooo iiiiiiitttt.:p

I have a habit of accidentally walking into the kitchen when I’m looking for the bathroom in a restaurant.
I also once accidentally walked into the men’s room of a night club when someone had vomited in my cleavage. Then I found out how willing random nightclub men are to help you wash your breasts even if they’ve got their willies out. I learned something that day.

It's too hot in my place, but l do have private screenings of my chichis. lol. l love that scene. It's hilarious. My place is to hot to write in sadly. I am not respected as a writer where l live, only as a lifeless bloob with a piehole.(lemon chiffon, guva cake, chocolate ganache anyone)

Doooo iiiiiiiiiiitttttt. Ooooooooooooo. Ghostly laughter.;)

Many years ago as a one-time delivery driver and warehouseman, I was once tasked to deliver some industrial electrical parts to a jobsite in a highly secure facility. While I had all the proper identification and authorization to be let in the front gate, driving around I soon found myself lost. Got out of the truck and started walking around...and suddenly got this chill that I was in an area I wasn't supposed to be in. I didn't really even want to be on the premises! Guess I wasn't really oblivious to it all...go figure.

No one approached me though, so I got back in my truck and slowly drove on until I figured out the jobsite where electricians were impatiently waiting for me. I unloaded all the stock, and was told how to get back to the main gate without getting shot....lol. Oops. :oops:

I'm guessing such an incident could never happen these days. Different times...

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

Last edited:
I have a habit of accidentally walking into the kitchen when I’m looking for the bathroom in a restaurant.
I also once accidentally walked into the men’s room of a night club when someone had vomited in my cleavage. Then I found out how willing random nightclub men are to help you wash your breasts even if they’ve got their willies out. I learned something that day.

“Accidentally”. ... lols sorry I am dying woth laughter on the inside because it seems like something i’d Do without the Breasts though.

“Accidentally”. ... lols sorry I am dying woth laughter on the inside because it seems like something i’d Do without the Breasts though.
Does it help when I tell you the vomit had glitters in it because my friend had downed half a bottle of Gold Strike?

There was a place I had been going to for over 15 years. I had my favourite cubicle in the loo and everything.

Then one summer, they switched the placement of the loos - gents was now ladies, ladies was now gents. Five years later, I was still walking into the gents on auto pilot. My friends used to bet on whether I'd get into the right room first time. I usually didn't!

New Threads

Top Bottom