1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Being "eclectic"

Discussion in 'General Autism Discussion' started by FromEquestria2LA, Mar 6, 2021.

1. FromEquestria2LA

FromEquestria2LA Well-Known Member

You know, there are quite a few things about myself that I can pride myself in being.

Recently, a friend of mine called me quite "eclectic" in what I like. I was flattered, because up until then, I couldn't think of the right word to describe myself liking a wide array of things (anime, game shows, sports, 1970s/80s/90s nostalgia/music, comedy, retro gaming, food, et al.)

Is anyone out here like this? I'd love to hear from ya, and what you like. :D

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. ZebraAspie

ZebraAspie Well-Known Member

I’ve been called eclectic too. I collect dolls an toys, read a very wide array of books, obsessed with maths and art and love bright colours, I swim in lake for fun... Apparently wearing a yellow track suite and with pink boots in an orange wheelchair is both eccletic and eccentric. I prefer to think people people are staring at me because I’m eccletic not because I’m a wheelchair.

3. Sherlock77

Sherlock77 Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I think of myself as being eclectic because I'm not into things most people are

I don't care at all about the most popular musicians, I couldn't care less about the Top 40 charts, I very much prefer more niche specific music (I love bluegrass music! cringe if you want to :p), and I enjoy lesser known musicians in general

Classic cars? I live in western Canada and I love obscure European/British cars, I do live in the wrong place where I rarely see classic cars that fit that description, everyone loves the large American classic cars here, I live in the wrong place :rolleyes:

When everyone is photographing some grand landscape, I'm probably looking the other way photographing the outhouse at the end of the parking lot :) Maybe a slight exaggeration

I have always had trouble finding people who share my personal interests, but I've never let that deter me from anything I enjoy doing

4. PinkPenguin29

PinkPenguin29 Well-Known Member

"variety is the spice of life" -someone

• Like Like x 1
  5. Crossbreed

Crossbreed Neur-D Missionary ☝️

Yes, I have eclectic interests. They served me well as a programmer.

6. SusanLR

SusanLR Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Eclectic is a good word for me.
    I collect such a variety of stuff, my rooms look like a museum.
    When I had a house, it did look like a museum.
    Rocks are my main collection, but, anything different.

Same with clothes. I don't care about the in style. I wear what I want.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SusanLR

SusanLR Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I took that photo for you, Sherlock!
    outdoortoilet.png

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1