• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Behavioral Improvement in my son

Up north.

Good day all

(I post this with the understanding that every case is different and what worked for us may not for others.....etc.....i`m no doctor so please consult one before doing anything)

This is my first post....and I have some good news to share resulting from...the removal of excess neurotransmitters from my sons diet..

My sons symptoms have begun to reverse and every day i`m surprised with new developments and signs of recovery....he is a different boy

My family has been on the NO MSG(neurotransmitter) diet with my son since September 5th 2018

My son(12) was moderate to high functioning with a mix of Autistic and ADHD behaviors..There really is too much good news to share...if anyone has any questions feel free to ask and I`ll answer them...

to make a long story short were on the Reid diet(unblind my mind)....

not an easy diet but has had great results for us....

have a good day

Last edited:
Glad for you. I would have to see repeated results as documented on a peer reviewed study to accept it as a confirmed treatment.

I have to ask: how can you be sure that he is cured, if you are not sure of your own status (as stated in your profile)...?
full

There is no cure for Autism as it is genetic. I have not used MSG in well over 20 years and had a regression about 13 years ago.

There is no cure for Autism as it is genetic. I have not used MSG in well over 20 years and had a regression about 13 years ago.
I don't mean any disrespect ....please describe what you mean by you have not used msg in 20 years...this is a very hard diet to do correctly....describe what you've been eating typically and fast food ect....

I don't eat fast food or preprepared foods. Prepare all my meals from scratch & do not use salt or MSG.

you cant cure autism. full stop. anything you try to cure it is 100% grade A nonsense at best, and criminal at worst.

I’m insulted, OP, by your use of the words “cured” and “recovery” in relation to autism.
I think you are trying to sell something and I don’t trust you.

If someone can come up with a cure for depression and anxiety then I'll take it, but I don't need a cure for my autism.

@Up north.

"My sons symptoms have begun to reverse..."

What were the symptoms?
How have the symptoms/behavior changed?

What used to happen?
What happens now, instead?

What did he previously do that he doesn't do now?

".i`m no doctor.."

Is it possible, then, that when you say his "autism" is "cured"
that what you mean is something more like "his comorbid symptoms"
are much reduced?

We get "there's a cure!!" trolls like yourself once in a while and there are absolutely no cures for Autism, much to your delusion of grandeur. Please take your homeopathy "medicine/miracles" else where.

Do you even know what a neurotransmitter is? Here's a definition for you: "a chemical substance that is released at the end of a nerve fiber by the arrival of a nerve impulse and, by diffusing across the synapse or junction, causes the transfer of the impulse to another nerve fiber, a muscle fiber, or some other structure." They're in the brain, not in food.

I think it's most likely that you've been sold a very expensive bill of goods by someone who's pretending scientific knowledge that they don't have.

Or possibly you're trying to sell us an expensive bill of goods.

Do you even know what a neurotransmitter is? Here's a definition for you: "a chemical substance that is released at the end of a nerve fiber by the arrival of a nerve impulse and, by diffusing across the synapse or junction, causes the transfer of the impulse to another nerve fiber, a muscle fiber, or some other structure." They're in the brain, not in food.

I think it's most likely that you've been sold a very expensive bill of goods by someone who's pretending scientific knowledge that they don't have.

Or possibly you're trying to sell us an expensive bill of goods.

Yup; would seem that the OP's been watching too much Dr. Oz and The Doctors ;)

Autism is for life. There is no "cure".

Though at times it serves some of us to "put on our masks" and pretend for limited amounts of time that we are Neurotypical just enough perhaps to avoid ridicule, ostracization and outright persecution.

Perhaps even enough to pacify a Neurotypical parent if and when necessary. ;)

Though more often than not such masking for those of us on the spectrum of autism remains a physically and emotionally draining experience. :(

Last edited:
The Reid diet looks like it's just a list of healthy foods? What am I missing?

I eat literally every food on the Reid food list I found every day, and I'm more autistic than ever. :(

Was his ADHD also cured?
Does this mean he doesn't take any medication?
At age 12, I assume he was aware of his diagnoses. Does he agree he was cured?

I hope she isn't scared away and answers! I'm curious!

I sense that in to day's society, that it is easy for some to get traits of autism through eating things that are bad for the system etc and even to the point of excessive device usage and this, I feel can be turned around, as you are suggesting, but there is another form of autism that is related to even before being born and that is where we stand and especially those of us, who were born in an era where were devices were not even around then.

So, there is a form of autism that is gentic and a form that derives from modern living and probably that is your son.

However, with the right parenting skills, any one of us, could learn to adapt.

New Threads

Top Bottom