• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Behave: Chapters 6-9

Fino

Alex
V.I.P Member
In chapter six, it was talking about risk assessment and how adolescents will misjudge risk and then not change their misjudgment based on any feedback.

"How likely are you to have a car accident if you're driving while drunk?"
Adolescent: "One chance in a gazillion."
"Actually, the risk is about 50 percent; what do you think your chances are now?"
Adolescent: "Hey, we're talking about me; one chance in a gazillion."

What's awkward is that I still do this and I'm 28! :eek:

Last edited:
This is important. I also read that tweens can't comprend this sometimes crossing busy streets that a car traveling really fast can't stop in time if they are racing across the street at the same time.

Pg 166- brought up that teenagers feel rejection more producing a stronger need to fit in. And this isn't even ND, this would apply to NT's.

Teens and young adults tend to go through an invisibility stage. Knowing this, I'd remind my kids sometimes that this person in a bad accident also did not plan this. I think we outgrow that we are totally invisible, but we also don't think of bad events happening to us until it does.

New Threads

Top Bottom