• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

BeamNG.drive Would Be Great With Multiplayer!

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
I am sorta new to playing the full game of BeamNG.drive, tho I have been following the game's community and development even before I bought it the day after Christmas during Steam's wallet-murder fest called "Winter sales." I've also played both the version of the techdemo that only had the D-series in it as well as the techdemo that only had the Covet in it.

So far, I have 38 total hours on record, and I am amazed how I have not scratched the surface of just the large amounts of content in the vanilla game! However, it feels like there is still something missing.

Most of the time when you drive around, you are just by yourself in one map just driving around "inside" your lonesome car. I know that the AI kinda helps with that, but it is kinda dumb and is a bit difficult to manually set up races with them without having to download/make/play a scenario that is specifically for racing with the AI.

I kinda just want to play with friends, but it hasn't been implemented yet.

Although the bar on the right side of the main menu seems to be promising something... It always says that I'm online whenever I am playing this game.

Seriously, though. I might be good at creating chaos and destruction by myself, but the ability to play with friend would mean even BETTER chaos and destruction. The rape map called "Deep Earth" does claim to be good for "Controlled chaos" in it's description, and, that map is HUGE and feels empty when you are the only person driving around in there, with or without the AI.

Honestly, I suggest the devs optimizing the game a bit more and doing some bug fixes before implementing it. I would also suggest improving the driving model a bit more, too. Spawns on free-roam maps may have to be optimized for multiplayer so that each player doesn't have to select different spawn locations and look for their friends, just for convenience.

I think it'd be smart to have more like a grid for whatever amount of players there are at one spawn location at the same time, or players can just choose to spawn next to/behind their friends as their spawn location while in the spawn selection screen.

Anyways, this is just my opinion. The rest is up to the devs/popular demand. Only time will tell what the future of BeamNG.drive's future holds.

I think that multiplayer will add more to the game's popularity and increase the game's replayability. It might not work in the game's current state, but the improvements I suggested should make multiplayer plausible.

Just imagine all of the funny moments videos once this gets implemented!

New Threads

Top Bottom