• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Be Patience Waiting For A Reply For A New Post

The Penguin

Chilly Willy The Penguin
It can be nice writing a new post expressing what on your mind and waiting for a reply for someone to contribute to your post. Sometimes I notice some members if they don't get a reply after a certain amount of period of time have pass, sometimes at little as 12 hours, they might remove the text for their post. Please don't do this. Leave the post as is at less if there is a few corrections you want to make, this is OK to do. Even if you don't get a reply right away, there could be a reader value your post but might be too shy to reply. Who knows, maybe that shy person might PM you for further discussion. But please, never assume nobody cares for not for replying to your post at the speed you would like them to.

I have helped one member some months ago was worried about this. I convince them to put their post back. For them listening to me, they got replies from 3 different members some hours later.

Also, some times it takes time to formulate my response as I reflect through my own experiences prior to responding.

Also, if you don't get a response as quickly as you would like, don't then add a reply yourself bemoaning the fact that people have viewed but not replied. Maybe as @Keigan said, people are taking their time making sure that their response is as they wanted it, or they have read the post as a matter of course, but feel that they cannot add anything to the discussion.

i
It can be nice writing a new post expressing what on your mind and waiting for a reply for someone to contribute to your post. Sometimes I notice some members if they don't get a reply after a certain amount of period of time have pass, sometimes at little as 12 hours, they might remove the text for their post. Please don't do this. Leave the post as is at less if there is a few corrections you want to make, this is OK to do. Even if you don't get a reply right away, there could be a reader value your post but might be too shy to reply. Who knows, maybe that shy person might PM you for further discussion. But please, never assume nobody cares for not for replying to your post at the speed you would like them to.

I have helped one member some months ago was worried about this. I convince them to put their post back. For them listening to me, they got replies from 3 different members some hours later.
i just DONT understand every word written in English if i have to answer someone sometimes i just cant speak
for instance my phone reminded me its battery is low first i nearly jump out of my skin and then IM really irritated that IVE got to charge it again
so if IVE been trying to answer my emotions just cut off thought then i fight my way back to answering

Also, if you don't get a response as quickly as you would like, don't then add a reply yourself bemoaning the fact that people have viewed but not replied. Maybe as @Keigan said, people are taking their time making sure that their response is as they wanted it, or they have read the post as a matter of course, but feel that they cannot add anything to the discussion.
oh god i hate this,one person recently did this,ranted at people for not rushing,as if we are his slaves or something.
i will not help anyone who treats me or others like sht they have just walked on,simple as that.

I did this the first time I ever posted! I had posted on something I had been so afraid to post about......then when no one said anything, I couldn't take the tension anymore, I deleted it - lost my nerve, though it's totally irrational. I couldn't stand waiting anymore. I think it was an anxiety management issue for me. But once I got to know people here, my anxieties went away - I stopped thinking people would think my post was too foolish to respond to, or that they might respond in a rude or mean way.

Yeah sometimes I read something, and although there is something I could say in reply I don't always know how to word it so may take me some time.

I agree with the others.

Some posts are easy in quickly responding to. However others might be absolutely daunting in this respect. Where it may take several hours before considering a response. Indeed in the case of more complex questions, patience is required.

And then every once in awhile there are posts that I have to think about as to whether or not responding at all. Sometimes y'all can hit a little "to close to the mark", where it hurts to discuss it. Where patience is most definitely required to get any feedback at all.

Last edited:
For me, my messages are often very long, so I often do not expect a reply back, as it could be overwhelming to reply to many of my points. As well, I write more to support, inform and help, more than to get support back myself, as I am doing fine in all ways now.

But, for those who take the time back every now and then to even write one sentence to me, much less a lengthy reply, that is appreciated. As I am often busy with helping and educating our two children daily, I focus just on doing what I can, without feeling pressure to do more.

For those who need replies back timely, after talking a little about yourself, ask at least one question in your post if you can. Often that will get more interest and replies. Or if it is urgent, put something like the words 'prompt reply needed' near the topic of your message maybe.

Oooh, almost a taboo subject (like talking about your avatars and usernames or karma points :D). Some questions are interesting to read but difficult to respond to. Some people (no names) just post waay too many threads and I can see that they don't get responses, Some threads are very generic or easy to answer and get reems and reems of responses. It also depends on whether the question comes across as attention seeking or too obvious I'd say too. These are all things that people won't openly admit to, but I'll bet it happens.

Remember, the best time to post is saturday morning, you'll find your posts get perhaps twice the responses. Also assume that a larger percentage of users are americanos :D and thus they may be a few or more hours behind your current timezone and thus you need to give it 12-24hrs to get a better idea of whether or not it'll get responses.

@Dadwith2Autisticsons I love that username, so simple and to the point...no questions asked :D

Oooh, almost a taboo subject (like talking about your avatars and usernames or karma points :D). Some questions are interesting to read but difficult to respond to. Some people (no names) just post waay too many threads and I can see that they don't get responses, Some threads are very generic or easy to answer and get reems and reems of responses. It also depends on whether the question comes across as attention seeking or too obvious I'd say too. These are all things that people won't openly admit to, but I'll bet it happens.

Remember, the best time to post is saturday morning, you'll find your posts get perhaps twice the responses. Also assume that a larger percentage of users are americanos :D and thus they may be a few or more hours behind your current timezone and thus you need to give it 12-24hrs to get a better idea of whether or not it'll get responses.

@Dadwith2Autisticsons I love that username, so simple and to the point...no questions asked :D

Thank you. There are so many people here, so I wanted to make it easy for persons to remember. I mean, most of the persons here have Autism or Aspergers Syndrome, so I wanted them to know it was my kids and not I that had that condition, in case those who read my messages thought I did not sound like an Aspie.

Your user name is pretty simple and telling too, if it is to describe your feeling and situation. If this is the case, I hope one day you can feel more hopeful. I relate though as I felt hopeless long ago too, up to age thirty eight or so. I had daily severe anxiety, and daily mild depression. And I lived alone for seemingly forever. Eventually things turned around. I hope they will for you too. I will keep my hopes up there for you.

Great post.... I'm often caught between replying immediately or giving it done more thought before my reply.... and as others have said, there's the time zones to consider too... and personal circumstances of time available etc...

Sometimes I get too overwhelmed with stuff I have to do, so cannot cope with commenting much on this site, so I have to take a break from the site, or not post much, if anything. I would like to say something helpful, but I am not always up to doing it.

I can sometimes pass for an NT, but sometimes have a hard time managing what is normal for me. I have been taking some big risks, by trying to develop better social skills. This really drains me and I may not have anything to spare to help somebody else for a bit. I have ambitions of getting over this, but it sure looks out of reach right now.

I do not intend to stop working at this stuff though. Never ever, ever, ever give up....

We can always get better as long as we keep trying.

New Threads

Top Bottom