• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bacon Donuts

This is... a rather quizzical question my dear Witty....

I'd say having a donut cut in half with the bacon in the middle would definitely make it a meal, as more importantly it'd be a bacon sandwich in that regard.

No. A doughnut is a snack. And not a very nutritious one at that. But I eat them anyway, ha. But not with bacon in them or on in them, that's just weird to me.

Any food can be a meal, in my opinion. I've been known to eat cake for breakfast. So yes, a bacon doughnut (or two) can be considered a meal.

Sorry, am I taking this question too seriously? Was this whole thing supposed to be a joke?

Any food can be a meal, in my opinion. I've been known to eat cake for breakfast. So yes, a bacon doughnut (or two) can be considered a meal.

Sorry, am I taking this question too seriously? Was this whole thing supposed to be a joke?

I think it's supposed to be both :p

I think of a meal as anything that fills me up in one sitting. Some of the donuts I used to get were more than I could eat at once, hence a meal. Add bacon, sure.

I found this definition first: "any of the regular occasions in a day when a reasonably large amount of food is eaten, such as breakfast, lunch, or dinner."

If, in your estimation--likely in comparison to how much food it takes for you to be satisfied--it is a "reasonably large amount of food," then it's a meal.

And both items are purported to be breakfast, so it'd be that meal.

But I've always said that a genius convinced people donuts are breakfast. They're dessert. It's the same as cake for breakfast.

I've had cake for breakfast. When I first moved out on my own, I bought a whole cake and ate it myself.

Then I regretted it.

Last edited:
Bacon Jam is a thing.....

So you could conceivably make yourself a jam/jelly donut and pump some of that in the middle :)

LN_772358_BP_11.jpg

A profound question. Important enough to assemble a team of dietary experts.

Rachel Ray: 'Well... Hell yeah! Why not? But if you want to be sure you can add some melted cheese.'
rachaelray-sr-1023jpg.jpg

Gwyneth Paltrow: (unintelligible sputtering noises)
gwen.jpg

Kanamit (an alien): 'Of course it is! And if you come to our planet you can all the donuts with bacon bits you want.'
kannamit.jpg

Now that you put the thought in my head next time I grill I will have to make some bacon wrapped donuts.

It could be taken further you know, take a yeast raised donut and instead of putting jam or jelly inside, your could stuff it with crispy bacon. It would become the bacon donut and I think we've invented it. Then it could be glazed in melted cheese, a 'breakfast of champions' who have literally no difficulties with high cholesterol.

Last edited:
It could be taken further you know, take a yeast raised donut and instead of putting jam or jelly inside, your could stuff the inside with crispy bacon. It would become the bacon donut and I think we've invented it. Then it could be glazed in melted cheese, a breakfast for champions who have literally no difficulties with high cholesterol.
So should we call it "The Aspie Donut?"

Would you believe I don't like bacon? I do like donuts though so bacon donuts could be somewhat appealing to me.

I really like bacon. It's great with eggs, or in a burger or a sandwich, or crumbled and sprinkled over salads. But I don't get all these weird bacon-flavored things at all. In fact someone else posted a list of things from the Cracked website that are *not* better with bacon. Like bacon lip gloss. Seriously, why don't I just take some leftover bacon grease and smear it on my lips?:tongueclosed:

I found this definition first: "any of the regular occasions in a day when a reasonably large amount of food is eaten, such as breakfast, lunch, or dinner."

If, in your estimation--likely in comparison to how much food it takes for you to be satisfied--it is a "reasonably large amount of food," then it's a meal.

And both items are purported to be breakfast, so it'd be that meal.

But I've always said that a genius convinced people donuts are breakfast. They're dessert. It's the same as cake for breakfast.

I've had cake for breakfast. When I first moved out on my own, I bought a whole cake and ate it myself.

Then I regretted it.

Considering that I had two more donuts after the bacon donuts, I would say I had enough to constitute a meal. I had the donuts in lieu of dinner and wasn’t hungry when I went to bed. Bacon donuts for the win!!

New Threads

Top Bottom