• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Elizab3th

Hi, I'm Elizabeth, and I'm a 28 year old woman who works at a library and dreams of being a hermit. I've suspected I have Asperger's for nearly a decade. I've had debilitating anxiety all my life, undiagnosed OCD as a teen, diagnosed depression as an adult, and "something" else that made me the awkward outsider who was always overwhelmed. Adult life is overwhelming to the point that I'm always stressed/sick/dreaming of escaping because I feel trapped.

I haven't been officially diagnosed, but I've read nearly every online post about Asperger's, and I feel like I've found my people. The lists of traits are me, down to the awkward posture (my arms don't move when I walk), aversion to eye contact, sensitivity to lights/noises, lack of facial expressions (my face never matches how I feel), overwhelming empathy (as a kid I'd cry over everything because I took on pain around me), slow uptake on sarcasm/jokes, etc. As an adult I've transitioned into robot mode out of necessity. I thought I hid all this so well, but looking back, I think everyone around me has always known. I was that weird potato. I just didn't know.

a7867282473649767786009d54d227a6.png

welcome
IMG_0360.JPG
Hi, I'm Elizabeth, and I'm a 28 year old woman who works at a library and dreams of being a hermit. I've suspected I have Asperger's for nearly a decade. I've had debilitating anxiety all my life, undiagnosed OCD as a teen, diagnosed depression as an adult, and "something" else that made me the awkward outsider who was always overwhelmed. Adult life is overwhelming to the point that I'm always stressed/sick/dreaming of escaping because I feel trapped.

I haven't been officially diagnosed, but I've read nearly every online post about Asperger's, and I feel like I've found my people. The lists of traits are me, down to the awkward posture (my arms don't move when I walk), aversion to eye contact, sensitivity to lights/noises, lack of facial expressions (my face never matches how I feel), overwhelming empathy (as a kid I'd cry over everything because I took on pain around me), slow uptake on sarcasm/jokes, etc. As an adult I've transitioned into robot mode out of necessity. I thought I hid all this so well, but looking back, I think everyone around me has always known. I was that weird potato. I just didn't know.

Welcome to a whole sack of us "awkward potatoes". ;)

Seems you may have come to the right place to explore who and what you may be. :)

Welcome to Aspies Central! Stick around and start reading. I think you will like what you see.

Another I found my people XD I love it.

Welcome!
This is a good place to be and speaking for a whole sack of potatoes, you'll fit right in.
potato.jpg

Guess that sounds a little ' corney'? :rolleyes:

Weird potatoes are all the rage these days. Welcome! Being a librarian sounds like a good choice for an Aspie.

Weird potatoes are all the rage these days. Welcome! Being a librarian sounds like a good choice for an Aspie.

Thats life the tv programme from 30 years ago - the most watched on tv.
Had a feature of weird shaped vegetable each week.

That was entertainment in those days.

And a dog that said sausages.

Robot mode is OK sometimes. Most of us have to develop some sort or constructed persona (or 'mask') to interface with the mass of humanity which is NT.

Thats life the tv programme from 30 years ago - the most watched on tv.
Had a feature of weird shaped vegetable each week.

That was entertainment in those days.

And a dog that said sausages.
do you remember Cyril sitting in his Queenanne wing chair doing his monologue about newspaper advertisements .

New Threads

Top Bottom