• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

avoiding balloons

kay

I was looking at a craft project that involved wrapping glue or Modge Podge dipped string around a balloon. The balloon is removed by letting the air out after the string dries. Nice project unless you are terrified of popping balloons (and after my last balloon popping induced public meltdown I trust no balloon). Anyhoo, I remembered in high-school a project involving plaster masks of our own face. One girl didn't want to use her face or even the styrofoam face, she opted to used a rubber glove instead. She filled it with kitty litter rather than air and when the plaster dried she poured the kitty litter out. So, the purpose of this post was that a similar approach could be used for those balloon crafts if anyone here was wanting to do any of them and is also a balloon hater. Anyhoo, I just thought this time of year there is extra crafting being done and the idea might be helpful.

If you want to be more environmentally friendly use Paper beads instead of cat litter which damages the environment .The extraction process destroys vast swathes of virgin land.

How about using a small beach ball instead of a balloon? Or one of those "punch balloons" that doesn't have to be blown up to the point where it could pop?

If you want to be more environmentally friendly use Paper beads instead of cat litter which damages the environment .The extraction process destroys vast swathes of virgin land.
There are a lot of alternatives to that nasty clay stuff now. And thinking about alternatives for crafts, millet, popcorn, quinoa, cous-cous, small beans, or rice would all work out well. And you can cook and eat when you are done crafting.

There are a lot of alternatives to that nasty clay stuff now. And thinking about alternatives for crafts, millet, popcorn, quinoa, cous-cous, small beans, or rice would all work out well. And you can cook and eat when you are done crafting.
The problem is The alternatives are a lot more expensive I pay 6 pounds for a bag of paper cat litter but I can pay £1.25 for a bag of fullers earth cat litter.
Even silicone based cat litter is cheaper than Paper cat litter

The problem is The alternatives are a lot more expensive I pay 6 pounds for a bag of paper cat litter but I can pay £1.25 for a bag of fullers earth cat litter.
Even silicone based cat litter is cheaper than Paper cat litter
I use paper litter for my bunnies and it is expensive. But I can't use clay littler for bunnies and hate the dust and mess with clay anyways. Some people get some sorta stuff for horses, a pine pellet of some kind. My sister has used that for cats and said it's cheap-ish.

I use paper litter for my bunnies and it is expensive. But I can't use clay littler for bunnies and hate the dust and mess with clay anyways. Some people get some sorta stuff for horses, a pine pellet of some kind. My sister has used that for cats and said it's cheap-ish.
Yeah the problem is it's a wood pellet and you cannot guarantee how environmentally friendly it is ,it still means pine plantations will be hacked down where wildlife might have begun to establish itself Companies saying they plant two trees for every tree they cut down isn't consolation for wildlife.
It's The same as somebody coming and saying I'm going to demolish your house you have no rights and you will have to immediately find somewhere else to live

Yeah the problem is it's a wood pellet and you cannot guarantee how environmentally friendly it is ,it still means pine plantations will be hacked down where wildlife might have begun to establish itself Companies saying they plant two trees for every tree they cut down isn't consolation for wildlife.
It's The same as somebody coming and saying I'm going to demolish your house you have no rights and you will have to immediately find somewhere else to live
It does suck when they cut the trees down. If they just cut part of them it might not be as bad but at the tree plantations they just cut out acres and acres at one time. Of course the clear cutting I've seen in National Forests is worse. The tree farms are so dull and monotonous I doubt too many critters even want to live there. But National Forest lands are good places to hike, until they chop stuff down. Anyhoo, the paper litter at least claims to be recycled paper and the bunnies seem happy with it.

It does suck when they cut the trees down. If they just cut part of them it might not be as bad but at the tree plantations they just cut out acres and acres at one time. Of course the clear cutting I've seen in National Forests is worse. The tree farms are so dull and monotonous I doubt too many critters even want to live there. But National Forest lands are good places to hike, until they chop stuff down. Anyhoo, the paper litter at least claims to be recycled paper and the bunnies seem happy with it.
The cat seems alright with that but they're all so nervous I would never know ,they do manage to indicate to me what food they were late apart from gizmo Who I'm sure has muscle problems not that I could ever to a vet they go ballistic with fear if I try to do anything outside the house I suppose its because humans have tried to abuse them or have abused them .
People in general have a disgusting attitude towards cats

New Threads

Top Bottom