• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autistic's and depression

Question for autistic's

• I am usually very depressed

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I have never been depressed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have rarely been depressed

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Every day or most days I think it would be great if I died

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Every day or most days I consider suicide

• It is all I can do not to kill myself most days

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Most days I have difficulty completing tasks or even getting out of bed

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginseng

Christian
V.I.P Member
Please select from the following choices related to your most frequent level (if any) of depression in the past 2 years. I am trying to determine the prevalence of depression in autistic's. Most autistic's I know suffer from serious bouts of depression. I was wondering if there were some autistic's who did not suffer from depression.

Last edited:
@Momster, you may want to change your poll because the degree of severity between the options "I have rarely been depressed" and "Every day or most days I think it would be great if I died" is too large. You need to have something more in between. For example, you might add something like, "Most days I have difficulty completing tasks or even getting out of bed.

I don't mean to be annoying, and maybe I'm just reading it wrong, but some of the options seem to refer to the present and some seem to refer to the present and the past. The second and third option seem to be referring to our entire life, while the others seem to mean only now/recently. The reason this matters is because my choice now is "I am rarely depressed," but to say, "I have rarely been depressed" would definitely not be true because I had years in which the options near the bottom would be accurate. Sorry if I'm being nitpicky and should have just voted. I can't tell if I'm being PEDANTIC(lol) or right about something. I just confused myself. Alright, bye!

I have been clinically depressed in the past but don't feel that I'm depressed now. There doesn't seem to be an option for this.

My vote for not even wanting to get out of bed is based on the past 5 years.
An event that completely changed my whole life triggered this.
Before that event I had bouts of mild depression that weren't bad enough to interfere with my
daily life.
So I voted based on the now.

I have been clinically depressed in the past but don't feel that I'm depressed now. There doesn't seem to be an option for this.

It's amazing and hilarious the amount of times I've posted a giant paragraph trying to say something and then had someone post the same thing below but in a single sentence. This is all I meant!

Also used to be clinically depressed, but not anymore. I don't even think depression is on my list of current diagnoses anymore.

some of the options seem to refer to the present and some seem to refer to the present and the past.
some of the options seem to refer to the present and some seem to refer to the present and the past. The second and third option seem to be referring to our entire life, while the others seem to mean only now/recently. The reason this matters is because my choice now is "I am rarely depressed," but to say, "I have rarely been depressed" would definitely not be true because I had years in which the options near the bottom would be accurate. Sorry if I'm being nitpicky and should have just voted. I can't tell if I'm being PEDANTIC(lol) or right about something. I just confused myself. Alright, !

Excellent observation Fino and I do apologize. I am thinking perhaps I need to trash this one and start a fresh poll. I do want to get this right. I think the stressors in life as well as my life crash commonly referred to as autistic burnout is making it difficult for me to do things I used to could do. I am better, but certainly below my standards. Thank you for your valuable input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom