• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autistic teen Santa visits elementary school special needs kids

AGXStarseed

(Not written by me)

25158150_1555645527850849_31311196938114551_n_1513279944889_11945515_ver1.0.jpg

HAYS COUNTY - In the spirit of the holidays, a Hays County special needs high school student decided to dress up as Santa Claus and visit Foundational Learning classes at Fuentes Elementary.

William Ammann, from Hays High School, has had autism since he was two and a half years old. Now he's 19 and is currently in Julie McCann’s Foundational Learning class at Hays High School. Though Ammann technically already graduated, and was even Prom King his senior year, due to his disability, he can go to school until he's 21.

Ammann discovered his love of being Santa after his mother bought him a fake beard a few years ago. His teacher, McCann then bought him the Santa Claus suit and encouraged him to keep playing Santa.

Every year, Ammann would wear fake beards and various Santa hats to school after Thanksgiving break all the way until Christmas break.

His mother, Kelly Grekowicz Ammann told KVUE, "My husband and I have always embraced the spirit of the holidays with our children. I think he started because he enjoys seeing people smile."

And the children love him coming as well.

It helps them feel more comfortable that they can relate to a Santa they can identify with. Ammann's mother doesn't think he would be who he is without the support of his teachers and peer supports at Hays High School.

"Him being Santa to a bunch of other disabled children, I don't have the words to express how happy that makes me", she told KVUE.

Source: Autistic teen Santa visits elementary school special needs kids

New Threads

Top Bottom