1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autistic Republicans?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by theconservativeaspie, Jul 24, 2018.

1. theconservativeaspie

theconservativeaspie Dangerously Autistic, No Trigger Warnings Here

Hi, I'm conservativeaspie!
    I love to talk about politics. I am a libertarian conservative. That means that while I am a social conservative, I believe that people should make their own choices, and not the government. Is there anyone else who is a libertarian or conservative or anything like that? I'm open to hear your political values whether you fit into left wing or right wing. Just please don't say that you can't be a republican and autistic. I have been diagnosed in 2001.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Illumination

Illumination Autist

I wouldn't consider myself Libertarian or "Conservative", I do belong to the right-wing, but I incorporate left-leaning beliefs in my ideology. -- It would be a mix of the Right-Wing and the Left-Wing. For example the Nationalism that comes from the Right, and the stance of equality from the close-left (not the far-left that we see commonly today in America).

If I had to give you something to compare it to, I would say it's essentially the ideology that Israel or the Visegrád Group (Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, Czechia) rules by.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. theconservativeaspie

theconservativeaspie Dangerously Autistic, No Trigger Warnings Here

Very interesting. I guess the left leaning positions I have are vaccines don't cause autism, and that I am against corporal punishment in schools and at home. And I do believe that climate change is real, but that it is not as bad as it seems.

4. Illumination

Illumination Autist

I don't believe those beliefs are specific to the right or the left, but are rather more "stereotypical" views portrayed by the Media.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Butterfly88

Butterfly88 Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Liberal Democrat here. I totally believe aspies can be conservative, I'm just not a conservative aspie.

• Like Like x 2
  6. DCA

DCA Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I'm very much left leaning. However I don't think describing political beliefs on just an X axis is adequate, but we should have a Y axis as well (between libertarianism & authoritarianism). If we include that, then I would be a libertarian liberal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Manuheleku

Manuheleku Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

As a fellow Libertarian, I consider myself a social liberal since I am in favor of letting people make their own decisions as long as they don't adversely effect anyone else. I tend to be a fiscal conservative, govt needs to be scaled back, less spent on foreign wars and destructive endeavors would leave more money for useful functions and more than likely cut taxes drastically or at least lessen the federal debt.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ezcare

ezcare Aspie Advocate and Proponent of the Golden Rule V.I.P Member

In a complex society just about every decision can adversely affect someone else. So who decides if your decision has an adverse affect on someone else?

9. Jacoby

Jacoby Well-Known Member

I would not call myself a Republican but I strongly support and believe in our president.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ezcare

Would be interested in learning why you feel this way. This is a sincere aspie question--I am not interested in debating political views.

11. Jacoby

Jacoby Well-Known Member

He's kept his word on almost everything despite being obstructed by a criminal 'Deep State', their friends in the media, NeverTrump losers & backstabbers, a weaponized bureaucracy, and the corrupt Democratic Party that have now gone completely off the deep end into insanity.

Despite what the liars say Trump has always been pretty true to his core principles, if you listen to interviews he gave on politics matters in previous decades he's been saying the same thing all along. He's a trade-hawk after many decades of the US being taken advantage which is something Democrats use to support before they abandoned the working class for its vanity driven billionaire donors and toxic identity politics.

I could not support Trump's realpolitik and foreign policy views any more than I could, we've had decades of failed foreign policy and have contributed more to terrorism than fighting it. One of the things that actually sold me on Trump being different was him asking 'why can't we get along with Russia?' so you can imagine how infuriating this Democratic charade about collusion(something they are far more guilty of than Trump) is to me. Without Democrat Russian xenophobia the civil war in Syria could have been over by now and terrorist expansionist regime of Iran would be left with no allies. Democrats literally caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people because they couldn't look in the mirror and accept defeat. He's repaired our frayed relationships with strategic American allies(like them or not) with the Philippines, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Thailand off the top of my head. Engaging your enemies in open diplomacy is something that the US has been severely lacking for a long time now, the president shouldn't be afraid or pressured to not talk to anyone.

The only people that benefit from illegal immigration are the most disgustingly rich who exploit them for cheap labor whereas it hurts minorities and in particular LEGAL immigrant communities more than anybody. The Democratic Party says that they support minorities but what it really is is a cynical attempt at dividing and conquering the electorate into identity groups that they can pit against each other, they support illegal immigration because their big donors tell them to and also this belief that these illegals will one day be Democratic voters. The whole strategy of Democratic Party is the 'demographics of the ascendent' which they openly bragged would give them a PERMANENT majority, they straight up support a foreign invasion of our country to maximize their political power. Americans WILL do the jobs if they are paid a fair wage and have basic worker protections, illegals are essentially the same as slaves and almost the same arguments were made in favor for slavery as they are now for this. How could anyone be against a wall that keeps out drug smugglers and human traffickers? These 'coyotes' leave hundreds of illegal border crossers stranded to die in the desert every year, a physical barrier will completely shut these bandits down. The cost is nothing in comparison to what illegal immigration is costing us not to mention much much smaller than any of the wars we've fought in the last few decade. $10b is not a lot, there is a $60b annual trade deficit and over $50b yearly in remittance transfers from Mexican citizens in the US. Remittance payments I believe are actually the third largest sector of the Mexican economy.

It will be very interesting to see Trump and AMLO meet and what type of relationship they will forge, they are both considered populists who have utilized nationalism but AMLO is often likened to that of a Castro/Chavez but he's also been compared to Trump. We need Mexico at the table, they should be responsible of their citizens just as the US should of if its citizens started illegally immigrating to Canada. The fact that one of the most deadly wars in the world over the last decade or so have happened right south of our border should be completely unacceptable.

Also he is returning the SCOTUS to what it should be, not a legislative body but one that interprets the constitution as it was written and originally intended. We were very close to going off the cliff with Hillary, her SCOTUS picks would have doomed the constitution to the ash heap of history.

I think I covered everything?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Manuheleku

Same way as we currently do things, the courts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Manuheleku

Wow, extremely good answer. I totally agree with you about Russia. We spent decades dealing with an insane arms race with the Soviets via M.A.D., Reagan ended this in the 80s, now the Democratic Party (primarily) wants us to hate Russia again after decades of relative peace with them.

14. Shiznown

Shiznown Well-Known Member

I would describe myself as a Libertarian Moderate. I believe in smaller government, The Constitution and personal liberty. I am not totally against government programs, as I have been in them. I am however 100% again foreign aid, black op budget operations, over-regulations, government funded studies and Nasa(due to private enterprise doing better and Nasa being a cover for a more advanced space program there are actual documentation on this). I am also against the Federal Reserve and for 100% transparency of government.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jacoby

Jacoby Well-Known Member

Russia was actually kind of my pet issue before Trump even ran, our countries have a lot more in common than we do differences I think and we have a lot of overlapping interests. Obama seemingly supported ISIS in Syria and prioritized the overthrow of Bashar al-Assad who while a dictator is still at least modern and somewhat respectful of other ethnic/religious groups. The Sunni terrorists we provided weapons and money to would have genocided the Alawites, Shia, Druze, Christians, etc if they were given the chance. So there was Russia actually bringing the fight to ISIS far more effectively than the fraudulent campaign waged by Obama, I saw it as an opportunity to forge a new bond between our countries by recognizing our shared enemies and interests.

Obama had a long record of supporting terrorism to pursuit of regime change against countries he didn't like. Don't forget the overthrow and murder of Gaddafi which is seminal event in all of this, the migrant surge into Europe can be placed squarely on Obama's shoulders. They ran guns out of Libya to Syria which is what got our 'ambassador' killed in Benghazi which they lied and blamed it on an obscure Youtube video.

Russia is the only conventional military force capable of threatening the US, combined our countries have over 90% of the nuclear weapons in the world. Peace and normal relations between our countries would be a long way in moving back that minute hand from midnight. Strategically they are perfect partners to box China in with, Russia has far more to fear from China than we do as they creep closer & closer to crossing the Amur River into the Russian Far East. I read that Henry Kissinger actually suggested to Trump and compared it to the US opening relations with China to undermine the Soviet Union. Today's Russia is not expansionist, the issue of Crimea is as easy as self determination and I think the vast vast majority of the population of Crimea(which is ethnically Russian) support their independence from radical anti-Russian government in Kiev which violent and illegally overthrew their democratically elected president from the Russofied east of the country where he won over 90% of the votes. Ukraine is not a real country, its one that is starkly divided straight down the middle. Look at any map of their elections or linguistic and ethnic backgrounds.

It's weird that the Democrats are so concerned about Russia but don't make a peep about China which is far larger long term threat and is actually a communist dictatorship whereas Russia is democracy even if it is a flawed democracy.(ours certainly is perfect either) What about Pakistan and the Democrat's favorite country Cuba?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Manuheleku

Thank you, you have expressed everything going on in my head which I have a hard time putting into words. Excellent summary of the Russia situation and why we should continue being friendly with them. No matter what your views on Putin are, Putin is for Russia first, which is why the globalist agenda dislikes him and is trying to make him look like the enemy. Trump, even though I personally dislike him, is pro America first and is being attacked for the same reasons as Putin. I like this in both of them, if you are a nation's president, by god, you need to put your nation first before any other multinational interests. The democrats need to start focusing on what America wants and find a candidate who Americans can get behind and who will be America first if they want to beat Trump in the 2020 election. I hope that they do but sadly am not confident that they will.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Jacoby

Jacoby Well-Known Member

The Democratic Party I think is really beyond saving at this point, the entrenched corruption cannot and will not be removed. This is the party of the big city bosses, the party of slavery, the party that started pretty much every war in American history up until the first Gulf War. Identity politics are an electoral loser, Democrats cynical attempts at dividing and conquering the electorate are doomed to failure. Democrats are doubling down and everything that caused them to lose the last election, Jim Webb was an honorable man and was basically chased out of the party. Votes in the Democratic primary ironically don't even matter, it's the superdelegates that choose the nominee.

I think 2020 is going to look a lot like 1972, the McGovern/Bernie comparisons are too easy to make.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Sid Delicious

Sid Delicious Balloon animal safety control

I'm not sure what label I'd fall under. Anarcho-capitalist perhaps? In America I'd likely be some sort of Classical Libertarian. I generally distrust all politicians until they prove me wrong (a rare occurance) and want to be left alone as much as possible. I'd have minimal government to protect the nation from outside invaders and uphold national laws. Everything else I'd prefer to be done by local community groups, charities or private entities. Whatever political group gets into power seems to bugger things up over here! People also seem content to rely on the government to do everything for them, so minor local issues that could be resolved quickly and easily by the community are ignored because 'the council will sort it'. I prefer to just get things done myself. If I see a problem, I go and fix it. I can't stand waiting around for some government contractor to do a half-assed job weeks/months too late and for a stupid amount of tax payer's money. Also, having worked for various local and national government entities, I've seen the ridiculous waste and mismanagement that goes on and the general attitude and culture that's encouraged.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Mr Allen

Mr Allen Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Meh, I wouldn't vote Conservative if they paid me, it's well known the Tories hate all disabled people.

20. ezcare

Yes. And I thought the same when Trump was running for President. While I agreed with most of what he was saying, I wished someone else was saying it.
    As a student of German History I saw too many similarities between the man who set out to "make Germany great again" and the man who was promising to "make America great again" If asked how the German [will not mention names here] came to power, the average American would say that he seized power in a political coup and banished the Democratic government of the Weimar Republic. NOT TRUE! He was duly elected by a sizable majority of voters. And, for the first few years of his leadership, did indeed make Germany great again--well beyond anyone's expectations. But that only set the stage for his real ambitions and now we know the rest of the story.
    I had hoped that once Trump settled into office he would moderate his radical views. Instead, he seems determined to crush any opposition and to keep a scapegoat [illegals and LGBT persons] that can easily be blamed should he fail to make America great again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1