• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autistic Pride Day Saturday 20 June

hutchie

V.I.P Member
Not written by me.

Due to the coronavirus pandemic, many outdoor Autistic Pride events can't happen for the foreseeable future.

Because of this, a group of Autistic Pride organisers have come together to create an online event on Saturday, 20th June, open to everybody from anywhere. Here we can be proud to be autistic and assert ourselves for a day.

It will be held on Zoom and streamed through YouTube. The link and joining instructions will be given soon. You don't need a zoom account to join us.

The draft schedule is below. All times are British Summer Time:

9:30 - 10 am - intro by Autistic Pride Alliance
10 - 11 am London Autistic Pride - Joseph Redford
11 - 12 am Aberdeen Autistic Pride @Marion McLaughlin
12-12:20pm Jess Benton
12:20 -1 pm: Children's time, Autistic Kids sending messages about how they are proud to be Autistic, and clips that the makers of Pablo have prepared for us.
1-2 pm Mark Blake - Autistic League/Autistic Pride Tunbridge Wells Removing M H Difficulties
2-3 pm Autistic Pride Reading
3-4 pm Billie Jo Gibson-Liverpool Autistic Pride - LGBTQIA+
intersectionality within the autistic community.
4- 5 pm - Autistic Paddies (Autistic Pride Dublin)
5-6 pm David Gray-Hammond, Neuroclastic
6-6:30pm Emma Dalmayne and William Vanderpuije
6:30- 7 pm Adrie Van Der Meer-Autistic Pride Eastbourne
7-7:30pm Dominic Peter Barron: Hull Autistic Pride
7:30-8pm Callum Brazzo
8-9 pm Sara Jane Harvey-Chester Autistic Pride
9- 10 pm Gwen Nelson History Of Autistic Pride and Why we Started it

Last edited:
Thanks for the link I’ve never heard of it, but I won’t be there. I just don’t get it. I could have pride in something I’ve achieved, or earned, or succeeded in, but how can I have pride in something completely outside of my control which required zero effort to attain, its a slight genetic difference from the majority of the population that’s all?

So while I don’t see autism as something to have pride in for reasons given, I’m neither embarrassed or ashamed of it either, for the same reasons. I’m largely ambivalent towards it, it is what it is and no more.

Hi Grommet i haven't got a link just hoping to get Zoom and get it via You Tube

New Threads

Top Bottom