• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

"Autistic people are not failed versions of 'normal.' They’re different, not less"

No we are, we're failures, freaks, outcasts, mentally deformed handicaps bent on the handouts of a sympathetic NT society who want to make our naturally shorter than average lives easier until we kick the bucket into an empty lonely unmarked grave. They research the undoing of being on the spectrum so that our lives are not wasted by our frailties and weaknesses so that we may not burden our health services and loved ones like elderlies on our last leg.God- I'm ashamed just to even look at myself in the mirror, why couldn't I just be born 'normal'?

JUST KIDDING:p

Loved this:

"By focusing exclusively on long-range research into alleged “risk factors” for autism, while ignoring the need to dramatically improve the quality of life for autistic people and their families today, we fool ourselves into thinking that autism is a “puzzle” that will be solved by the next medical breakthrough. Instead, what autism really is is an enormous population of men and women with tremendous potential who are being denied what everyone deserves: the chance to live a happy, healthy, safe, secure and productive life. Viewed in this light, autistic people are one of the largest disenfranchised minorities in the world."

No we are, we're failures, freaks, outcasts, mentally deformed handicaps bent on the handouts of a sympathetic NT society who want to make our naturally shorter than average lives easier until we kick the bucket into an empty lonely unmarked grave. They research the undoing of being on the spectrum so that our lives are not wasted by our frailties and weaknesses so that we may not burden our health services and loved ones like elderlies on our last leg.God- I'm ashamed just to even look at myself in the mirror, why couldn't I just be born 'normal'?

JUST KIDDING:p

You really had me going for a minute there. :D

Indeed! I don't see myself as a failure and if anyone else wants to see me as that way, that's on them. As others have said, normal is a setting on a washing machine.

I read this somewhere, probably here. It was written under a picture of a cat. It said.

"This is a cat, he is not a broken dog.
He does not need to be fixed.
He is good at being a cat.
He likes being a cat."

"I am a Aspie, I am not a broken "normal" person.
I do not need to be fixed.
I am good at being a Aspie.
I like being a Aspie".

You would not try to change a cat into dog, so why would try to change me into a "normal" person?

I read this somewhere, probably here. It was written under a picture of a cat. It said.

"This is a cat, he is not a broken dog.
He does not need to be fixed.
He is good at being a cat.
He likes being a cat."

"I am a Aspie, I am not a broken "normal" person.
I do not need to be fixed.
I am good at being a Aspie.
I like being a Aspie".

You would not try to change a cat into dog, so why would try to change me into a "normal" person?
Very well said! Here here!

I'm very sorry but this kind of thing winds me up immensely, contrary to popular belief, disabled people are NOT "abnormal", especially not people with ANY form of Autism.

I always thought of myself as a loser, defect, and a mistake. That was until I learned that I could have autism. I'm awaiting diagnosis, and if I do finally get diagnosed as autistic, maybe I could finally realize that I'm not a mistake of nature. Whenever I do get depressed because of not being normal, I could remind myself: "I'm not a mistake, I'm just Autistic! What a relief!" That's if he DOES find and diagnose me with Autism..

My whole life I always knew I was different. It’s only recently that I figured out what I am and started to understand myself better.

Now I realize that I’m NOT different....I am married (still don’t understand how that happened) I work for one of the big three, I like cars, diy projects, building, firearms, etc. I’m weird in every sense of the word, but I’m happy because “normal” people are boring.

I honestly feel I’m better off like this than like the rest of the world. I feel like if I was born normal, I might not be able to do the things I do. I mean I can literally learn anything I want to. I obsess and spend hours online reading and won’t stop for anything, but then when I’m done I’m able to do whatever I was trying to learn how to do. Only things I can’t do is stop forming weird habits, and understand people/myself. Whatever, I didn’t want to fitnin with society anyway.

New Threads

Top Bottom