• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autistic muppet on "Sesame Street"

AustinTheAspie

Just Another Member
Sesame Street introduces muppet with autism to teach children about disorder

I personally think this is a very considerate, eye-opening thing to do; especially with autism being one of the most common neurological disorders in the world. This will very much teach children about how kids with autism think, as well as a general understanding of the disorder itself. For all of you parents out there, do you agree with what Sesame Street is doing, or do you think it's unneeded? Please tell your opinion on the matter.

Last edited:
Sesame Street introduces muppet with autism to teach children about disorder

I personally think this is a very considerate, eye-opening thing to do; especially with autism being one of the most common mental disorders in the world. This will very much teach children about how kids with autism think, as well as a general understanding of the disorder itself. For all of you parents out there, do you agree with what Sesame Street is doing, or do you think it's unneeded? Please tell your opinion on the matter.

I think it's always a good thing to educate people, and having a muppet on the spectrum hopefully means that children (and their parents) can learn something. I imagine it would also be a plus for kids with ASD to see a character like them on TV.

I have to also point out that ASD isn't a mental disorder, but rather a neurological one.

I think's it's great it's normalizing drop a young Ag which will hopefully help people grow up more knowledgeable and accepting of autism. Plus it's a girl so it also breaks a OT of the autism stereotypes.

I wish that they had this when I was growing up so I love that it's a girl that has autism too.

New Threads

Top Bottom