• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autistic filmmaker’s emotional video interview with A Word and Doctor Who star Christopher Eccleston

AGXStarseed

(Not written by me)

As the BBC1 drama returns, Eccleston opens up to Gerard Groves about autism, Alzheimer's and the death of his father

Eccleston-interview-15e6abd.jpg

Gerard Groves is a young filmmaker and broadcast journalist at the BBC. Last year, ahead of the launch of BBC drama The A Word – about a family learning to cope with an autistic child – Gerard, who has Asperger’s, told us about his own experiences of being on the autism spectrum and how the show struck a chord with him. He also shared his exclusive video interview with his Doctor Who hero Christopher Eccleston, who plays the grandfather of autistic boy Joe in The A Word.

A year later, Gerard and Christopher got together again for another wide-ranging, and at times emotional, interview in which the usually guarded star discussed what he’s learnt about autism during his work on the show and opened up about topics including the death of his father who had suffered with Alzheimer’s.

RadioTimes.com is lucky enough to be able to share Gerard’s new film for the first time. Watch it below.

Source: Autistic filmmaker's emotional video interview with A Word and Doctor Who star Christopher Eccleston

(Not written by me)

As the BBC1 drama returns, Eccleston opens up to Gerard Groves about autism, Alzheimer's and the death of his father

Eccleston-interview-15e6abd.jpg

Gerard Groves is a young filmmaker and broadcast journalist at the BBC. Last year, ahead of the launch of BBC drama The A Word – about a family learning to cope with an autistic child – Gerard, who has Asperger’s, told us about his own experiences of being on the autism spectrum and how the show struck a chord with him. He also shared his exclusive video interview with his Doctor Who hero Christopher Eccleston, who plays the grandfather of autistic boy Joe in The A Word.

A year later, Gerard and Christopher got together again for another wide-ranging, and at times emotional, interview in which the usually guarded star discussed what he’s learnt about autism during his work on the show and opened up about topics including the death of his father who had suffered with Alzheimer’s.

RadioTimes.com is lucky enough to be able to share Gerard’s new film for the first time. Watch it below.

Source: Autistic filmmaker's emotional video interview with A Word and Doctor Who star Christopher Eccleston
Like he said it's strange how music opens that up trying to describe emotions is near to impossible or even identifying them ,I never thought I would hear the word dementia and think about me having it at the same time . Thankfully it's a one that easily cured but it's still frightening when you can't remember something when it's completely gone.

New Threads

Top Bottom