• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autistic boy 'punched in the head and strangled with tie for having special needs'...

AGXStarseed

(Not written by me)

Ajay Childs had only recently started using the school bus 'because he doesn't deal with crowds' when he came home with a broken thumb, whiplash and swelling to his face

AJAY-CHILDS-BULLYING.jpg

An autistic boy was punched 10 times in the head and strangled with his own tie for having special needs, his distraught mum has claimed.

Year 10 pupil Ajay Childs, who has only recently starting using the school bus because he does not cope well with crowds, was allegedly attacked by two bullies on his way home from school on Monday.

The 15-year-old was listening to music on his headphones when the vile students launched a brutal attack in front of horrified children.

AJAY-CHILDS-BULLYING.jpg

AJAY-CHILDS-BULLYING.jpg

Ajay's mum Kelly said she believes her son was targeted for having special needs, and is demanding that more is done to protect vulnerable young people.

"Ajay has a broken thumb, concussion, whiplash, swelling to his face and cuts and bruises under his eye," Kelly, 36, told the Mirror Online.

AJAY-CHILDS-BULLYING.jpg

"He's also still completely withdrawn and has said he never wants to go back to school, let alone get on the bus again."

Ajay's family had been coaching him for his daily commute by taking him on public transport and showing him he had nothing to fear.

But now the shy 15-year-old, a student at Bexleyheath Academy, in London, won't leave his bedroom.

"He got off the bus straight after it happened and called me," the mum-of-five said. "When I saw him I was horrified. He was so shaken up and had cuts all over his face.

"A girl on the bus helped him find his glasses after it all happened and all the other students on the top deck saw it.

"I'm hoping that with their statements as well as CCTV from the bus that the kids who did it will be punished."

Kelly has reported the incident to the police as well as Bexleyheath Academy.

A school spokesman said: "Near the end of the school day on Monday there was a serious assault by a year 10 and a year 9 student on a year 10 boy.

"The two assailants then fled the premises and carried out a similar attack on another year 10 boy on public transport.

"The academy immediately suspended the two boys who allegedly carried out the two attacks for five days so that the incidents can be fully investigated.

"We are giving our full cooperation to the Metropolitan Police with their investigations.

"The safety and welfare of all students at Bexleyheath Academy is our number one concern and we totally deplore any acts of verbal or physical assaults on members of our school community.

"When the investigations are completed we will not hesitate to take appropriate disciplinary action."

Source: Autistic boy 'punched and strangled with his own tie for having special needs'

These kids beating him up aren't bullies. They're criminal perpetrators of assault, and they should be tried as such.

Also, screw everyone who saw this going on and did nothing to stop it.

****ing degenerates, bunch of wild animals on a bus. All of them, and I'm 99% positive the onlookers were just laughing it up. This is one reason why I never took the school bus home, no matter how far away I lived.

i really feel sympathy for this lad,the incident is going to control his life for a while no doubt.
i think they perhaps picked on him because he was wearing headphones,looking withdrawn and shy and awkward so it might not be necessarily that he was bullied because of his autism but the way he presents himself in public,people who look withdrawn and shy avoid eye contact and that can look like you are afraid of oncoming bullies and that sends a message to said bullies that you are an easy target.

i hope these bullies,or criminals as monolithimmortal says, face hefty justice, they should also be expelled from school which would split the pair up and lower the chances of the same thing happening immediately in another school.
perhaps the two bullies need to be forced into therapy as well in the same way courts force drug addicts into rehab, you have to have something wrong in your head or your life for you to take out your bullying on another person.

I always had to sit in the seat directly behind the bus driver because of bullying and daily death threats. I sat in that same spot for 11 years, thankfully I was always the first kid on the bus so I could. I tried moving to other seats to try to be around kids my own age but it was bad, I don't know if they'd actually try something on the bus as the bus had cameras but they def did not want me around and threatened to slit my throat, kill me, leave me for dead, etc etc. School buses are ****. When I got older the younger kids started picking on me for sitting in what they thought should be their seats. Which is part of the reaon i absolutely grew up to hate kids and never ever ever wanted one. Can't believe I'm about to have two, at least my kids not a punk and is a total sweetheart but now I have to worry about him being bullied. We will defiantly be riding him to school.

****ing degenerates, bunch of wild animals on a bus. All of them, and I'm 99% positive the onlookers were just laughing it up. This is one reason why I never took the school bus home, no matter how far away I lived.
Some schools absolutely forbid walking home from school or too school. Mine for example. The kids that lived right across the street from the school either had to have a ride or take the bus, I hated it so much. I begged my parents to take me and pick me up but they refused to believe I could ever be having any kind if real problems and just said I was a liar and making things up to inconvience them. I doubt I'll ever forgive them and just try to block it out now.

I was always really surprised by how aggressive kids could get in school/on the bus. I was very scared of both, and of course, find this article upsetting. Sometimes it seems like the adults at school are in on the aggression too (not all). I have an NT kid and one on the spectrum. I'm going to homeschool them both, but they can hang with other kids in other environments that me and their dad deem as safer. At their young ages right now, that means one or both of us will be present.

They like playing at playgrounds with the Mexican kids. I live in Mexico, but if there are too many of them or they seem to get into "school mode" my daughter gets frightened.

Let's suppose that those who did it saw it as "normal" to punch an autistic person but punching a "normal" person is not.

I'd like to say I am shocked but I'm not.I am 60 years old and it was done to me daily.i was followed to school and beaten up.My mom went to the school to complain and was told that if I was not so odd it would not happen.The teachers may not have actually told the kids to do it but they did nothing to stop it.My dad and his wife told me to man up.My real mom tried to get me help but there was nothing she could do to stop it.I'm sorry to say abuse has followed me all my life and work was traumatic as they would gang up and I'd be the one that got into trouble for not getting on with my workmates.Its You that's wrong not them.I hope he gets over this and those responsible are prosecuted but don't hold your breath.

In the town I grew up in, whether or not you took the bus to school was determined by how far you lived from the school. I lived just inside the bus radius for elementary, junior high, and high schools, so I had to walk, no matter what the weather, carrying a trumpet case and a gym bag of books. It kept me in shape, but it might also have spared me harassment and mockery. Perhaps all that walking was a blessing in disguise.

...Some schools absolutely forbid walking home from school or too school. Mine for example. The kids that lived right across the street from the school either had to have a ride or take the bus, I hated it so much. I begged my parents to take me and pick me up but they refused to believe I could ever be having any kind if real problems and just said I was a liar and making things up to inconvience them. I doubt I'll ever forgive them and just try to block it out now.

I think I've heard of that before, and I can see why that rule is in place (to an extent). When I was attending grade school, at least where I lived no such thing existed. Thank goodness, I say.

Put it this way: I've had more success with stray animals on the street than wild teenagers on a bus. Nobody seems to give a damn until the very last minute when "all fun and games" turns into a bruised face and a bunch of phone calls.

I lived just inside the bus radius for elementary, junior high, and high schools, so I had to walk, no matter what the weather,
At the start of 7th grade I lived just outside the bus radius. I took the bus the first morning and immediately got beaten up. So I walked home that day and walked every single day for the next three years. I didn't mind it much, and as you say, it got me some exercise. On the other hand I still got beaten up and tortured AT school on a regular basis. But whenever the teachers saw it happening they essentially blamed it on me. "You should stand up for yourself more," whatever the **** that meant. They never explained that mysterious term. Ugh, I hate that expression. ... High school was quite a bit better: nastiness & harassment but not much physical abuse. After that I joined the (peacetime) military which was super-easy compared to 7th-8th-9th grade! And I finally had some friends. If there had been a war I'd have been somewhat prepared for it based on my school experience. How I wish I were kidding.

Last edited:
(Not written by me)

Ajay Childs had only recently started using the school bus 'because he doesn't deal with crowds' when he came home with a broken thumb, whiplash and swelling to his face

AJAY-CHILDS-BULLYING.jpg

An autistic boy was punched 10 times in the head and strangled with his own tie for having special needs, his distraught mum has claimed.

Year 10 pupil Ajay Childs, who has only recently starting using the school bus because he does not cope well with crowds, was allegedly attacked by two bullies on his way home from school on Monday.

The 15-year-old was listening to music on his headphones when the vile students launched a brutal attack in front of horrified children.

AJAY-CHILDS-BULLYING.jpg

AJAY-CHILDS-BULLYING.jpg

Ajay's mum Kelly said she believes her son was targeted for having special needs, and is demanding that more is done to protect vulnerable young people.

"Ajay has a broken thumb, concussion, whiplash, swelling to his face and cuts and bruises under his eye," Kelly, 36, told the Mirror Online.

AJAY-CHILDS-BULLYING.jpg

"He's also still completely withdrawn and has said he never wants to go back to school, let alone get on the bus again."

Ajay's family had been coaching him for his daily commute by taking him on public transport and showing him he had nothing to fear.

But now the shy 15-year-old, a student at Bexleyheath Academy, in London, won't leave his bedroom.

"He got off the bus straight after it happened and called me," the mum-of-five said. "When I saw him I was horrified. He was so shaken up and had cuts all over his face.

"A girl on the bus helped him find his glasses after it all happened and all the other students on the top deck saw it.

"I'm hoping that with their statements as well as CCTV from the bus that the kids who did it will be punished."

A school spokesman said: "Near the end of the school day on Monday there was a serious assault by a year 10 and a year 9 student on a year 10 boy.

"The two assailants then fled the premises and carried out a similar attack on another year 10 boy on public transport.

"The academy immediately suspended the two boys who allegedly carried out the two attacks for five days so that the incidents can be fully investigated.

"We are giving our full cooperation to the Metropolitan Police with their investigations.

"The safety and welfare of all students at Bexleyheath Academy is our number one concern and we totally deplore any acts of verbal or physical assaults on members of our school community.

"When the investigations are completed we will not hesitate to take appropriate disciplinary action."

Source: Autistic boy 'punched and strangled with his own tie for having special needs'
This is horrendous
(Not written by me)

AJAY-CHILDS-BULLYING.jpg

AJAY-CHILDS-BULLYING.jpg

AJAY-CHILDS-BULLYING.jpg

AJAY-CHILDS-BULLYING.jpg

This horrendous to read. Poor boy. I pray that the boys that did this to him get the help they need. God knows what issues they have at home that makes them want to take out their anger on an innocent individual. I was bullied as well and I learned to forgive them. Harboring ill feelings only makes you feel worse. I pray that people learn to accept those with differences. This bullying needs to stop! I send lots of love and hugs to those that have ever suffered or are suffering.

It's true I feel like I have spent much of my life taking metaphorical beatings for being me. People have told me I scare them. Fear breeds hate anger aggression. I learnt to read the signs of attack very early on in life. My son sat behind the driver of the school bus in hope that it would offer him some protection when young. I raised him to know that rude aggressive bullying behaviour belongs squarely with the person who is doing it.

I always had to sit in the seat directly behind the bus driver because of bullying and daily death threats. I sat in that same spot for 11 years, thankfully I was always the first kid on the bus so I could. I tried moving to other seats to try to be around kids my own age but it was bad, I don't know if they'd actually try something on the bus as the bus had cameras but they def did not want me around and threatened to slit my throat, kill me, leave me for dead, etc etc. School buses are ****. When I got older the younger kids started picking on me for sitting in what they thought should be their seats. Which is part of the reaon i absolutely grew up to hate kids and never ever ever wanted one. Can't believe I'm about to have two, at least my kids not a punk and is a total sweetheart but now I have to worry about him being bullied. We will defiantly be riding him to school.

Some schools absolutely forbid walking home from school or too school. Mine for example. The kids that lived right across the street from the school either had to have a ride or take the bus, I hated it so much. I begged my parents to take me and pick me up but they refused to believe I could ever be having any kind if real problems and just said I was a liar and making things up to inconvience them. I doubt I'll ever forgive them and just try to block it out now.
I don't know how it is in the UK but in America schools cannot forbid anyone to walk to school. Someone needs to look at these "rules" and see if they are lawful or not. I don't see how a school has any control over how you get there, after all, you are not under their jurisdiction if you are not on school property. I feel so bad that your parents did not believe you. Bless you and I hope you can get past this and forgive them; it only hurts us when we don't forgive, sometimes even when we feel they don't deserve it. Best of luck to you!

This is horrendous

This horrendous to read. Poor boy. I pray that the boys that did this to him get the help they need. God knows what issues they have at home that makes them want to take out their anger on an innocent individual. I was bullied as well and I learned to forgive them. Harboring ill feelings only makes you feel worse. I pray that people learn to accept those with differences. This bullying needs to stop! I send lots of love and hugs to those that have ever suffered or are suffering.
It IS horrendous. However, kids today are just mean, for the most part. All the violence they see on television does not help in raising empathetic, kind, and compassionate people. Sometimes I have seen kids that were angels at home, and their parents had no idea how mean they were with their peers. Pathetic. I hope they are arrested for this crime against this child.

At the start of 7th grade I lived just outside the bus radius. I took the bus the first morning and immediately got beaten up. So I walked home that day and walked every single day for the next three years. I didn't mind it much, and as you say, it got me some exercise. On the other hand I still got beaten up and tortured AT school on a regular basis. But whenever the teachers saw it happening they essentially blamed it on me. "You should stand up for yourself more," whatever the **** that meant. They never explained that mysterious term. Ugh, I hate that expression. ... High school was quite a bit better: nastiness & harassment but not much physical abuse. After that I joined the (peacetime) military which was super-easy compared to 7th-8th-9th grade! And I finally had some friends. If there had been a war I'd have been somewhat prepared for it based on my school experience. How I wish I were kidding.
This breaks my heart! I am so glad you had a good experience in the military. Bless you and good luck!

I'd like to say I am shocked but I'm not.I am 60 years old and it was done to me daily.i was followed to school and beaten up.My mom went to the school to complain and was told that if I was not so odd it would not happen.The teachers may not have actually told the kids to do it but they did nothing to stop it.My dad and his wife told me to man up.My real mom tried to get me help but there was nothing she could do to stop it.I'm sorry to say abuse has followed me all my life and work was traumatic as they would gang up and I'd be the one that got into trouble for not getting on with my workmates.Its You that's wrong not them.I hope he gets over this and those responsible are prosecuted but don't hold your breath.
I am so sorry you had to go through that! Also, there is abuse that is not physical; that's one reason teachers don't understand. Things that other kids can just laugh off are monumental to someone on the spectrum. My grandson had that experience. He was being bullied in elementary school by some girls that would trap and hold him on the playground. I told him to just shove them away and warned him he might be punished for it, but it would teach them a lesson. He did, and had to stay after school. I asked him if it was worth it, and he said yes. They quit bothering him.

I don't know how it is in the UK but in America schools cannot forbid anyone to walk to school. Someone needs to look at these "rules" and see if they are lawful or not. I don't see how a school has any control over how you get there, after all, you are not under their jurisdiction if you are not on school property. I feel so bad that your parents did not believe you. Bless you and I hope you can get past this and forgive them; it only hurts us when we don't forgive, sometimes even when we feel they don't deserve it. Best of luck to you!
I'm in America so yeah they can and did. Lol

New Threads

Top Bottom