• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism Survey for Channel 4

Southern Discomfort

Smarter than the Average Bear
V.I.P Member
Channel 4 here in the UK are conducting a survey in conjunction with the Autism Research Centre with Professor Simon Baron-Cohen. The data will be used in a new programme called How Autistic Are You? You also have the choice of allowing Cambridge University to use your data anonymously too.

40 questions, 5 minutes. Have a go if you're interested.

How Autistic Are You? - All 4

Last edited:
i did it,and was happy that it included transgender under the gender bit,and under the bit where it asks you what your diagnoses are,baron cohens clinic included classic autism for once and learning disability,but yet again they fail to include those of us with classic autism and learning disability in their test-they based it all on stereotypical aspergers instead of making it an all round spectrum test,plus they use complex language in places like aerodynamics-i had to ask my dad and support staff what that meant.

i know i like a good moan about stuff like this but its just annoyed me, and when it got to the results page,it didnt even give any results for transgender autistics,meaning theyve never bothered to research us.
oh...plus my dads internet is slow and his browser showed the results page in a screwed up way so i couldnt understand it very well.

did you do the test southern discomfort?

I'm located in the US, not really relevant at all (or is it?) but I thought I would give it a go...

I got 19 for sensory, 0 for social :), and 10 for systemizing. Overall score was 10, but since I've already been diagnosed the results don't matter much to me.

Last edited:
I got 0 for social, 12 for organization, only 10 for sensitivity, and an overall score of 8.
I think the sensitivity part covers too much on smell and taste, while I'm sensitive to sounds and light.

Will the programme be available online? Sounds like a really interesting one and I definitely want to watch it.

4 for social, 10 for organization, 17 for sensory, overall was 10.

The questions weren't great. I've never flown so I had to guess. I think about the aerodynamics of cars so, I guess planes I would, too. Like Libecht, I'm very sensitive to sounds and light. And even though I'm sensitive to smells, not in a way I could identify most people.

As for the rest of the questions, there are dozens of ways to interpret them (at least by my mind), and so I'm never too sure how to answer.

I got 20 for sensory, 0 for social, 9 for organisation and routine. AQ was 9.

Sensory 23
Social 7
Organization 5
AQ 7

I agree with some of the questions not being that good, mostly the ones about organization. I think those focused to much on specific interests. But eh. Other than that, I think the results are pretty accurate for me.

Sensory perception: 24/30
Social interaction: 8/20
Organization & routine: 11/20

Autism Q: 5/10

I've had the computer off since I made this thread so it doesn't give me my scores any more. But I more or less scored around the areas that allistic females got. I got 4 on the AQ10; I always score fairly low on the AQ for an autistic. I also got a score that put me more down to the hyposensitive mark because having some sensitivities like light.

Will the programme be available online?

I would think it would end up where all Channel 4 products end up on, All 4, their on demand service. It probably will end up in other places too without their permission.

Re:

You also have the choice of allowing Cambridge University to use your data ignominiously too.

"Ignominiously" = "in a degrading and offensive manner." Why would anyone welcome a choice to have his/her data used that way? Can't I please ask to have my data used anonymously instead?

What are those numbers that people have at the bottom of their responses, and how do I get some?

Are they from autism tests?

I just took that test from the UK's channel 4, and I got 10 out of 10 as my final result at the bottom of the page. I guess that means I am totally autistic. Well, I've been diagnosed already, so no surprise

Here are my scores from that Channel 4 test:
IMG_5751.PNG
IMG_5752.PNG

What are those numbers that people have at the bottom of their responses, and how do I get some?

Are they from autism tests?

Oh, what like my, AQ - 31, EQ - 22, SQ - 36, FQ - 47, TFIS - 34, RAADS-R - 127.0?

Those are various tests made by professionals, apart fromt the RAADS-R one, I think. That was made by someone else inspired by the questions asked in the "official" sort of tests.

They are: Autism Quotient, Empathy Quotient, Systemising Quotient, Friendship Quotient and Two Factor Imagination Scale. You can find them around on the internet if you look for them.

i know i like a good moan about stuff like this but its just annoyed me, and when it got to the results page,it didnt even give any results for transgender autistics,meaning theyve never bothered to research us.

That's a good point, they didn't. That's not very good of them to include that demographic in the results there. Having said that though it might be that they just didn't think of it. It's not as if your data wasn't included. It might be they're just not sharing it there. For whatever reason that could be.

I did see that on another forum, some people were upset that they're just going to talk about how everyone is on this supposedly linear spectrum somewhere on this programme.

I'm not too sure what they were meaning there. Maybe they were anticipating a barrage of people claiming to be autistic as a new way to form their 2 dimensional personality or something. I admit, I do think that some times but I still hold true that it's not my place to question someone's diagnosis. It can be a very personal thing.

They is also the fact that people 'scare' themselves into believing things, dunno if autism is something to be scared into but you get what I'm trying to say here.

New Threads

Top Bottom