• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism spectrum

Georgiana

Autism spectrum! I have one children she have 3 years old and have autism atipic(some signs of classic autism) . I heard about cbd oil ,someone know something about that? Sorry for my English..I am from Romania a.I need help because I don’t know what to do to save my daughter

upload_2019-4-24_17-27-13.png

Hi Georgiana!

Have you ever heard of Temple Grandin? If not you should watch the video on youtube. She's an autistic adult who is happy and independent, thanks in no small part to her awesome mom.

I've heard good things about CBD oil, but you should first consult a doctor. Also, welcome to the forums! I have a child who is autistic as well and would be interested to hear how the oil works if you do try it.

Bine ai venit Georgiana! I believe that cannabis oil is available over the counter in Romania, from outlets like Plafar perhaps, or from the farmacie, but probably in a less concentrated form. But as others have suggested, I would seek advice from your doctor before doing that, and also learn about autism in order to help her and help to reduce her anxiety.

Not being a parent but this is my understanding of it is that much of the trick of raising a child with a disability like autism is in preparation for the next stage of their life. It is not about finding a medication for the sake of it.

The person in question might not be able to perform as well as the regular population but that's okay. There are plenty of people out there who are capable of holding down simple jobs with help and live mostly independent lives. I met a woman at a kayaking club this past week who has a son roughly my age who works as a dustman, he has a slight intellectual impairment but is making progress in life with support.

Again, I think the trick is preparation for the next key stage in life. The next level in school, after school to college, learning to drive, work, etc. It's about making plans and putting measures in place and making sure than time isn't wasted. None of us are put on Earth indefinitely, and we need to make sure we make the best use of our time in order to fulfil our ambitions. If that means a parent supporting a child way into their adult years then you do not want to waste time. I know, I'm getting ahead of myself here. But I hope you get the picture.

The skills your child make lack that they don't pick up fluently won't be picked up by taking CBD or other medication. But through being taught. Being disabled isn't a free pass in live to take the easy road, in fact it means you have to work harder to achieve the things you want, it takes longer. As a parent you need to be there teaching them how to be independent and teach self management.

Hello and welcome.

Please don't use CBD oil on your 3 year old child without seeking medical advice first.

I purchased CBD oil earlier this year after reading lots of positive things about it. I bought the oil from the UK's top rated brand. I cannot use it; the taste is so overwhelmingly foul. I have synesthesia (as well as being autistic and various hypersensitivities) and the colours of the oil stayed with me for days afterwards which was really distressing.

Had someone given me this oil as a child, I dread to think what my reaction would have been like.

Please don't give your child anything 'medicinal' without first seeking appropriate medical guidance.

They are sold over-the-counter here.

Hello and welcome.

Please don't use CBD oil on your 3 year old child without seeking medical advice first.

I purchased CBD oil earlier this year after reading lots of positive things about it. I bought the oil from the UK's top rated brand. I cannot use it; the taste is so overwhelmingly foul. I have synesthesia (as well as being autistic and various hypersensitivities) and the colours of the oil stayed with me for days afterwards which was really distressing.

Had someone given me this oil as a child, I dread to think what my reaction would have been like.

Please don't give your child anything 'medicinal' without first seeking appropriate medical guidance.

Capsule form, perhaps?

New Threads

Top Bottom