• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism Research Study Opportunity for Autistic Adults

AutismResearch_

Hi,

I am a fourth-year graduate student in La Salle University’s Clinical Psychology doctoral program. I am currently recruiting autistic adults to participate in a research study which focuses on quality of life and social behaviors. Please consider participating and/or passing on to anyone else you know who is eligible who might be interested.

To be eligible to participate, you must

· Be diagnosed by a healthcare professional with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Autistic Disorder, Asperger’s Syndrome, or Pervasive Developmental Disorder – Not Otherwise Specified (PDD-NOS)

· Be between 18 years old and 65 years old

· Be able to read and respond to questions in English

· Be able to fill out the questions independently

· Reside in the United States

This IRB-approved online survey should take approximately 15 minutes to complete. Your participation in this study is completely voluntary, your responses will be confidential, and you have the right to stop participation at any time. You may experience discomfort with some of the questions in this study. Contact information for crisis services will be provided before and after the survey in the case that you would like someone to speak to about your feelings. In addition, you can choose to enter a raffle to win one of five $25 gift cards upon completion of the survey.

To participate, please use this anonymous link: https://lasalle.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9YQDFTCRWMU3iGp

If you have questions concerning this study, please email the primary investigator, Sophie Manevich at [email protected] or contact the faculty advisor of the project, Dr. Hilary Kratz, at [email protected].

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your rights as a research participant or any complaints about the study, please contact the office of the IRB at 215-991-2728 or [email protected]. The Institutional Review Board (IRB) of La Salle University is responsible for protecting individuals participating in this research project.

Last edited:
is the survey limited in age upwards?

I was just thrown out of the survey after I filled in my age.
If there is an upper limit to age, it would be good to edit your original post to include that too

is the survey limited in age upwards?

I was just thrown out of the survey after I filled in my age.
If there is an upper limit to age, it would be good to edit your original post to include that too

Thank you so much for pointing this out. The survey does have an upper limit of 65 years old due to the specific questionnaires used, and I will edit my original post now.

Question for the OP. Would it be possible for us to see the results of the study after being published, submitted, etc and if so, how?

Question for the OP. Would it be possible for us to see the results of the study after being published, submitted, etc and if so, how?
Thank you for your question! You can either email me in about a year (my email is [email protected]) and I will send you the results then, or you can email me sooner than that and I will put you on a list of people to email as soon as I defend my dissertation and/or publish it. This applies to anyone who may be reading this thread regardless of whether or not you responded to the questionnaire.

Thank you to everyone who participated thus far! I appreciate your time and willingness to engage. I am still waiting for a few more responses before I can begin to analyze the data.

New Threads

Top Bottom