• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism Research from one autsie to another!

MrCarlosMan

Hello AutismForums community! My name is Carlos and I am conducting research for Florida International University in Miami, Florida. The subject of my research focuses on English literature intervention techniques and mitigation of any symptoms of autism.

In order to collect this information, I set up a survey using SurveyMonkey , which asks five simple questions. The survey should take no longer than 1 minute and I would be forever grateful if individuals on the Spectrum can I share their experience through their answers on it. You will not be asked for any personal information and no questions ask for long responses.

I myself am on the autism spectrum and am genuinely curious about how others in my situation have approached their challenges.

Thank you! :)

Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8HVHKG8

What does "intervention" mean? Does it mean teachers/parents providing custom help or differentiated instruction? Or does it just mean "I saw a doctor"?

I assumed that "intervention" meant that a parent/teacher intervened on my behalf when I was in school, so I checked "No" on question 1 for "I did not receive intervention".

That appears to disable question 5, but it doesn't disable questions 2 through 4, which were all about "how did your intervention work"? It seems like if I check "No" for question 1, the rest of the survey is moot.

I had intervention but it was due to depression, but the intervention included help with Autism, so I figured that meant Yes.

And I thought of intervention as being sent to a therapist.

I hope both of my assumptions were somewhat accurate. :eek:

Thank you for the feedback on my survey questions! This is my first time doing a survey using this platform, and may have made some mistakes in setting up questions. Feel free to answer them however as you please, as I understand that my questions are up to interpretation.

Maybe including that as a disclaimer would help so the uncertainty doesn't bother anyone or make them decide to not just do it.
That, or being more specific in the questions.
I don't know, just throwing stuff out there! :)

I wasn't sure what intervention meant either, so I only answered NO to intervention and the question
about communication skills.

I won't be doing the quiz since I have no idea what you mean by "The subject of my research focuses on English literature intervention techniques and mitigation of any symptoms of autism." If you force people to interpret for themselves what you're trying to do, then any answers they give are meaningless.

I normally require a large bribe of donuts to fill out surveys but made an exception here because I liked the fact that you, the researcher, are also on the spectrum yourself. Don't take the communication skill critiques to heart. Its a difficult skill. But practice will bring improvement.

New Threads

Top Bottom