• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism and Mental Health

Richelle-H

Autocosmic Reality Tester
V.I.P Member
I joined SPARK during COVID. It is the largest genetic study of autism currently active around the world. Through them I have been offered studies that I could participate in. I am not trying to get people to join. That is a personal decision, but I think our community is not fully represented.

It did lead me today to an interesting webinar entitled: Autism and Mental Health: Co-morbid Conditions Across the Lifespan

I found it interesting in that some of the things that came up I could relate to (the comment on SSRIs being particularly resonant). SO in the interest of offering something that might resonate with others as well. Here is the link to the SPARK page on YouTube and the specific talk that I am referencing here.

No doubt there are sociopaths who are also on the spectrum. And LGBTQ folks exist within the ASD community (or is it the other way around?)

I don’t care for the term “co-morbidity”. It sounds like Autism is a death sentence and whatever else I have would probably kill me also. As if it’s the same as being an IV drug user(heroin) who regularly engaged in unprotected sex with strangers(HIV/AIDS).

New Threads

Top Bottom