• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism and computer companies

SL JediKnight

Long time ago a lady at my school that represented Voc Rehab told me that computer companies are looking to hire autistic people but then when I spoke to the Voc Rehab counselor about it she act like she had no idea about it said she never heard of that which most of them counselors don't know what they're doing anyway I would like to work for Dell or some other big computer company but not Apple cuz I think their products suck and other reasons but anyway, is there anyone here that works with computers is there any truth to this I know Microsoft has launched a campaign to hire autistics I know some of them jobs require college degrees if anyone can tell me anything it be a big help thanks

Yes, some companies do actively look for and hire autistic employees, but it's almost exclusively tech or computer companies - it would br great if other kinds of companies would do the same, too. There are some really great autistic engineers, accountants, doctors, linguists, cooks, etc, etc.

What's important to understand is in these select instances such prospective employers are really looking for qualified people on the spectrum. Not simply whether or not one is autistic.

Skilled- not unskilled labor. College graduates, maybe even those with vocational certification and/or practical work experience.

Given our knowledge with computers these types of job should be right up our alley. Most of my previous jobs have involved computer use.

New Threads

Top Bottom