• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Attention PC Gamers

Raggamuffin

V.I.P Member
If you're feeling nostalgic I found an amazing site last night. It has literally every old game I played in the 90's.

Free to download and pre-setup to run on DosBox. All you have to do is download, extract and double click start game. Only one game required me to adjust the config file cpu, cycles and dos settings. But that only took a few moments to adjust and test.

There's over 11,000 games on there. It's a site called old-games. It has games spanning the 80's, 90's and early 2000's.

It has a subscription style. For free users it's 2 downloads a day and capped to a terribly slow speed. So I paid around $8 for 24 hours unlimited downloads and uncapped speeds.

Hello nostalgia.

Ed

Last edited:
Worth noting that there are other places out there that have similarly enormous selections but that dont require some screwball subscription system... this is actually the only one I've seen that has one (and $8 for just 24 hours is pretty ridiculous). Some sites also can allow you to play these games through a browser, for those that dont want to bother with DosBox.

Emulators though of any sort are amazing, aint they? I've got some 10000 arcade roms (big fan of golden-age arcade games, so I downloaded pretty much all of them) and every NES, SNES, Gameboy, and 2600 game on this PC here. By far the vast majority of them would be utterly impossible to play in any other form. Also a big fan of old DOS games (Anything from the CGA - VGA era mostly) but they're a little more irritating to deal with at times. Heck, you can emulate freaking PS2 games now.

I do want to point out though: anyone looking for roms or downloads of this sort should always be careful. ROM sites, or "abandonware" sites or sites that are just about free old software are notorious for viruses. There's plenty of good sites out there that are totally legitimate, but there's also plenty of bad ones. Always make sure you've got beefed up security before going near any of them. I say this after years of dealing with such sites.

I never played one. I would like to learn. I hear they are great for escape. I am ready enough for escapism. I have avoided it my whole life. I tried once to play a game and I could not control the controls at all. I might get someone's old gaming station so I would like to learn again. How do you control the controls? How long does it take? I have an LD so everything takes forever .

I never played one. I would like to learn. I hear they are great for escape. I am ready enough for escapism. I have avoided it my whole life. I tried once to play a game and I could not control the controls at all. I might get someone's old gaming station so I would like to learn again. How do you control the controls? How long does it take? I have an LD so everything takes forever .

Well, it depends on what you're after. If someone is wanting to play something like freaking Dwarf Fortress (which is legendary for being absurdly complex), you'd need to sit through like 50 tutorials just to get started. If you're trying to play Pacman, you just grab the controller and start moving.

There's wildly different levels of complexity and challenge in the hobby.

New Threads

Top Bottom