• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspies looking or behaving differently

What's to stop people from saying anything at all about anyone?

You're concerning yourself with something that has no purpose again. You cant control what others think or say, and people think and say basically anything.

Ignore them and move on.

If aspies behave different from neurotypicals, what's to stop some people trying to say aspies behave in a suspicious manner

If you mean by blatant honesty being suspicious,...seems illogical.:D Most of us have to put on an act to make some attempt at presenting "normal",...and even then many will see through it. Suspicious,...like in what way? Bad acting skills?:D I am an "open book", tend to over share, and am a horrible liar,...so,...don't understand the descriptor in this case.

Suspicious is if someone enters a shop with a flat belly and leaves with a big round one beneath the hoodie ;)

If aspies behave different from neurotypicals, what's to stop some people trying to say aspies behave in a suspicious manner
And your point is...?

Anything that people do not understand can look suspicious if one is insecure. That's especially true of people who are suspicious by nature. That is not an Aspie trait nor an NT trait, but rather a human trait.

If someone is minding their own business doing nothing wrong acting or behaving differently is not wrong in any way and that person has the right to be left alone

Some people may say closing ones windows blinds during the day is suspicious but Chris Packham does it I hear as there's so much audio and visual input. Some might say supposed too much or too little eye contact is suspicious

People say a lot of things. With nearly 8 billion people on the planet we can't all agree. That is just the way the world works.

I didn't think originally that aspies look different from neurotypicals but after this experience maybe they do.
I was sitting on a public bench earlier this afternoon, a group where going past and looked over at me and said with lots of laughter 'look at his face'. I was alone so couldn't tell the police as I had no witnesses, but I hope members of the group if they try this again to someone are witnessed and reported to the police next time for disability hate crime

One can indeed drive oneself rather insane rummaging around in some people’s minds.

Pick up your mind crawl out of their heads and stay out.

If there’s a park or other location whete nasties hang out frequently then don’t go there.

I know you are being friendly and mean well but, anyone from any group ie aspies should be allowed to frequent any public area. without fear of intimidation.

I know you are being friendly and mean well but, anyone from any group ie aspies should be allowed to frequent any public area. without fear of intimidation.
It’s what I’d say to anyone.

No one deserves fear and intimidation.

If you are interested in challenging nasty people, then you might want physical and mental training as in judo or karate.

Last edited:
That is an idealistic position. From a practical POV, there are lots of places I don't go because of the high probability of being robbed or assaulted.

If there is a good chance of a bully lurking somewhere nearby, I go somewhere else. I don't need the heartburn.

New Threads

Top Bottom