• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspie guys, what do you think makes a girl attractive?

Ste11aeres

This is the twin to another thread about male attractiveness...
So today I heard Brad Pitt mentioned once again as the epitome of male attractiveness, and the usual thought came to mind What the heck is the big deal with Brad Pitt? He's not that good looking, I don't know enough about his personality to know if he's charming, but anyway, what's the big deal

Then I started wondering, what if us Aspies have a different taste for attractiveness? Maybe Brad Pitt is handsome by NT standards? (ANgelina JOlie is always mentioned as the female ultimate) Maybe other people would be more attractive to an Aspie?

So, guys, describe a girl you find attractive.
You can tell what type of girl you routinely like...
Or mention that one special individual...

Physical characteristics? Personality? In detail please :pyou

Eyes, hair and smile if you want physical features, but it's how a woman carries herself that makes "Sexy" or not.

First off, Angelina Jolie looks like an anorexic alien. Pass.

Instead of me describing a woman I find physically attractive, just Google search: Marion Cotillard, Shannyn Sossamon, Bryce Dallas Howard, Niki Taylor, or Sophia Loren circa 1952.
I've never dated a woman that wasn't height-weight proportionate, nor have I dated one that weighed more than 125lbs.

For me, looks get you in the door, then personality carries you the rest of the way.
Finding a woman I'm physically attracted has never been a problem of mine. However, finding a woman whose company I enjoy is quite difficult, and becomes more so with time.
I'm at the point I don't expect to find anyone else out there. I'm so set in my ways, and so outside the herd mentality that I can barely relate to others anymore.
One could say my standards are too high, though I would disagree. In fact, I think most people have extremely low/poor standards. For those who doubt that last sentence, take a look around this world sometime.

Routinely like... Hmm. Well, typically crazy ones. Kidding. I look for compassion, commitment, integrity, and common interests. It is impossible for me to pretend to be interested in things that do not interest me; I wont even humor them. Lies, white or not, are still lies. I will not sugarcoat something or pretend in anyway to humor another person. I find that to be insulting to one's intelligence to do so. It also speaks volumes of one's character when they do that to me; It's very condescending. I have no tolerance for such behavior.

Physical attractiveness is not just looks. That's code for "voice matters". Please give me a smoky alto rather than a soprano.

Also, I like my women fair. Christina Hendricks is, looks-wise, a goddess - for now.

Physical attractiveness is not just looks. That's code for "voice matters". Please give me a smoky alto rather than a soprano.

Also, I like my women fair. Christina Hendricks is, looks-wise, a goddess - for now.

Yes I must agree the physical quality I like most is: fair. And I also like my women petite. The emotional qualities I like most in a woman are courage and confidence. I do not like submissive women. But right now I am not looking and I am not sure I ever want another permanent partner.

Last edited:
I like a lot of different body types/hair colors, etc. I tend to like girls that are slightly unconventionally beautiful. I seem to have a thing for a...well...a biggish nose. Dont' like a lot of makeup. Very ok with small bust. Really a sucker for hips/waist/rear/legs. "X" body types (wide waist and some shoulders) really get my attention. Asidre from the physical. Low maintenance. Intelligent, with a great sense of humor and a mouth like a sailor. Generousity is a trait that I admire greatly. And a nice singing voice. Rawrrrr.

Looks: Megan Fox, Zooey Deschanel, Jennifer Garner to mention a few. There are many more and, no, I'm not focused on breast size. Bigger boobs does not equal better looking. Eyes are important; both color and shape. I don't like heavy and I don't like too skinny (like Twiggy for those who remember).

Personality traits: self confidence but with a dose of humility, NOT a party animal, NOT an attention junkie. Reserved personality (nothing to prove). A touch of frugality helps. Enjoys intimacy but has not been with so many guys she can't even count them. Neatness habits are good. Good personal hygiene and grooming habits but not obsessive about it.

Brad Pitt doesn't do anything for me, either :p

I believe I can get attracted to nearly anyone physically(?), even though there may be some type of girl I'm more attracted to than to another, usually its someone's personality I fall for, and specific traits (a certain look or a manner of speech for example) that get my attention. My girl would be kind, caring and trustworthy, also she would be herself at all times around me and she has to like kids.. Seems quite global but guess that's about it.

Angela Jolie imo is disgusting & not attractive. When you let the MEDIA input data into your brain...oh well.. ;)
Brad Pitt? What man gives a f*ck? ;) He was great in some movies in the past and FADED badly. I married who I thought was a physical beauty. No older man told me how or who to pick for a wife. So I made a mistake and divorced her.

Hollywood PR is Hollywood PR...nuff said on that. Girl attractive to me, bottomline it's a nerdy woman...NOT a model [and as a former professional photographer I've met models.] Down to Earth-easy going and NOT a drama queen, difficult, selfish or materialistic.

This is the twin to another thread about male attractiveness...
So today I heard Brad Pitt mentioned once again as the epitome of male attractiveness, and the usual thought came to mind What the heck is the big deal with Brad Pitt? He's not that good looking, I don't know enough about his personality to know if he's charming, but anyway, what's the big deal

Then I started wondering, what if us Aspies have a different taste for attractiveness? Maybe Brad Pitt is handsome by NT standards? (ANgelina JOlie is always mentioned as the female ultimate) Maybe other people would be more attractive to an Aspie?

So, guys, describe a girl you find attractive.
You can tell what type of girl you routinely like...
Or mention that one special individual...

Physical characteristics? Personality? In detail please :pyou

Last edited by a moderator:
A serious problem for me is that I find faults with nearly every woman I meet that makes them less interesting to me. When you combine this extremely critical attitude with my quiet presence and reduced social skills the opportunities for dating are reduced to very few opportunities in any given year. I am not a warm fuzzy person and it is very rare for me to become interested in any female even if they are attractive and show interest in me.

I am in the process of divorce and have been separated for nearly a year from my wife. I wanted to finalize the divorce last year but my wife is dragging her feet. The probability of us reuniting is so low it might as well be zero but I am still married and it does not feel right for me to date until we are divorced.

I am OK with the possibility of never having another woman in my life.

Ste11aeres,

Excellent question. I like how your brain works-the curiosity. Sorry for my terse rhetorical answer.
I always preferred a kind, down to Earth, friendly, direct communicator and or nerdy woman.

Angela Jolie imo is disgusting & not attractive. When you let the MEDIA input data into your brain...oh well.. ;)
Brad Pitt? What man gives a f*ck? ;) He was great in some movies in the past and FADED badly. I married who I thought was a physical beauty. No older man told me how or who to pick for a wife. So I made a mistake and divorced her.

Hollywood PR is Hollywood PR...nuff said on that. Girl attractive to me, bottomline it's a nerdy woman...NOT a model [and as a former professional photographer I've met models.] Down to Earth-easy going and NOT a drama queen, difficult, selfish or materialistic.

I wonder if guys ever actually get any good advice on how to pick a wife. I've apparently done a poor job on my own. After all this time I've figured out what I should have known; what I wish I had been taught. If I had been given some wisdom (and followed the advice) my life would have been much, much better. A bad partnership is worse than no partnership.

I found Angelina Jolie very attractive, physically. I don't know her so I have no idea what she's like as a person. I'm pretty sure animal attraction was the O.P.'s intent here :D I'm a visual person, so looks are the first thing I notice. I could get to know a woman and like her very much, but that won't change whether I am attracted to her. Take that however you like, guys and girls...just being honest.

Everyone has their own specific details as to what makes a girl sexy to them.
Mine would be; close to my height, no over or under weight, long brown hair, brown eyes with fair skin tone.

I'm pretty sure animal attraction was the O.P.'s intent here :D I'm a visual person, so looks are the first thing I notice.

My intent was whatever attraction leads the posters to desire romance (and even marriage). The question of whether that attraction is animal, intellectual, or emotional (or all three) can itself be part of the discussion.

I would need all three to truly like someone (a guy in my case). I cannot feel "animal attraction" for someone that I don't feel emotional attraction for. I've only truly felt all three types of attraction for two persons.

Can I amend my answer a tad? Yes, all the women I listed are very attractive to me. In real life I sometimes find myself strongly attracted to a woman who is not necessarily considered all that pretty by other men. In truth, there's no real list although I don't care for heavy girls. Now that I give it some serious thought, there have been a couple of women I found attractive after talking to them. It's strange to realize that my first response to the question was to list women who are gorgeous but I'll never see in person, much less talk to.

Maybe I don't know myself very well.

Great question. I supposed a long time ago...and or if you are lucky enough to have a fantastic father [or mother] and or an older brother or Uncle who pulls you aside. Perhaps in the old days when families were closer? Me too! [poor job picking out the wrong person.] Great words. Me too! If someone has taken the time to teach me how to pick a partner, life would have been different.

As for Jolie, I'm prejudiced by my experience [divorce] to give a fair answer. She is good looking. But after being with my ex-wife, who I believed was physically perfect for me [but difficult] I swore off a certain look...and prefer down to Earth personality. But whether I prefer a or c cups, I won't tell the OP! ;)

I wonder if guys ever actually get any good advice on how to pick a wife. I've apparently done a poor job on my own. After all this time I've figured out what I should have known; what I wish I had been taught. If I had been given some wisdom (and followed the advice) my life would have been much, much better. A bad partnership is worse than no partnership.

I found Angelina Jolie very attractive, physically. I don't know her so I have no idea what she's like as a person. I'm pretty sure animal attraction was the O.P.'s intent here :D I'm a visual person, so looks are the first thing I notice. I could get to know a woman and like her very much, but that won't change whether I am attracted to her. Take that however you like, guys and girls...just being honest.

Admittedly, I have a huge man-crush on brad Pitt but that might be a result of the amount of people that compare me to him physically. But Angelina Jolie is the furthest thing from attractive to me. As a 22 yr old guy, I genrally look for girls from the ages of 18-24. I have a strong aversion to anything but brunettes in terms of hair color and that usually what I notice first. After that I notice the eyes. I usually prefer brown eyes as well. But if your eyes have a unique color to them: ie, multiple colors... I prefer that. I like women that are around my height and not too petite. Id say in a perfect world her height and weight would be 5'8, 5'9 and anywhere from 135-155. I do prefer thicker girls. I prefer them to be brutally honest much like myself. Compassion, passion, above social influences and norms, individuality, strong sense of self, social awareness/intelligence but apathetic to anything she doesn't agree with. Those are things that'll have me head over heels. I know it's specific and eccentric but Ill search for "her" for perpetually.

New Threads

Top Bottom